Will Jordan start somewhere? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Will Jordan start somewhere?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikehunt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:SAT Question, which of the following does not belong:

A. Shaun Alexander
B. Travis Henry
C. Edgerrin James
D. Rudi Johnson
E. Lamont Jordan


You've already made your point that he hasn't been a starter. And we all realize that anyway. So what else can you bag on him about other than being stuck behind a hall of fame back and 26 years old?


I agree with awwchrist. But in light of current news Rudi is out of your little poll since he is tagged so he doesn't fit.
Image
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 316
Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:38 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:SAT Question, which of the following does not belong:

A. Shaun Alexander
B. Travis Henry
C. Edgerrin James
D. Rudi Johnson
E. Lamont Jordan


You've already made your point that he hasn't been a starter. And we all realize that anyway. So what else can you bag on him about other than being stuck behind a hall of fame back and 26 years old?


My point is simply that he's a career backup that potentially has some potential mixed in with a crop of proven RB's and young draftees with more talent. In a normal year, I'd give Jordan a less than 50% chance of finding a starting job. But this year when the RB pool is deeper than it's ever been, no thanks.

As for:
saundman2000 wrote:There's not much reason to doubt Jordan. He's only been a bench player for a few years because of a guy named Curtis Martin. If he had played for another team (or if he sticks with the Jets for 2 more years) he would be the #1 guy.

He has played great with the amount of playing time he has been given, so the only question mark would be: Does he have the endurance to play hard for a whole NFL game? I don't see why he wouldn't.


You could make literally the EXACT same description (changing Curtis Martin to an arguably better back in LT) for a guy named Jesse Chatman. Does that mean he'd be able to find a starting job somewhere if he were a potential FA this offseason? Hardly.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby knownothings » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:51 pm

Jordan had a great YPC average in 2004 at something like 4.9. The good thing about him being a backup last year (and previous years) is that he's a hell of a lot fresher then the others. But the biggest reason LaMont Jordan will be a starter in 2005 is the fact that he'll come cheaper then most, if not all other Free Agents. He is my favorite sleeper target in current Mock Drafts and Dynasty Leagues!
knownothings
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1561
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:33 pm

KnowNothings wrote:Jordan had a great YPC average in 2004 at something like 4.9.


And? I'll bring up the same example I just did. Jesse Chatman averaged 6.0 YPC in 2004 using the same O-line that LT put up 3.9 YPC behind. I don't see anyone going nuts over Chatman.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:47 pm

good point FB, but who knows? Chatman might garner more attention as a FA than you might think. The main difference is that Jordan needs to stroke his ego and has problems accepting a backup role. I sympathize with jordan as he is a great back and can deliver as much damage as he takes, but I respect chatman more. I think najeh davenport is another classic example of a great ypc. but davenport is more injury prone than the other two.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:36 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact