Eagles players trying to court Muhammad - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles players trying to court Muhammad

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eagles players trying to court Muhammad

Postby Flux » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:00 pm

fanball wrote:THE NEWS

Eagles' players spent part of Pro Bowl weekend cozying up to Panthers' wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, according to Philly.com. Last year, quarterback Donovan McNabb used a similar strategy with then-free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, who later signed with the Eagles. Muhammad is still under contract to the Panthers, but he is expected to be released later this month unless he agrees to restructure his contract. Muhammad finished the 2004 season with 93 receptions for 1,405 yards and 16 touchdowns.

OUR VIEW

Eagles' players even went so far as to ask Moose to pose for a picture that included all 10 of the team's Pro Bowl representatives. Although Muhammad's status with the Panthers is in question, the Eagles certainly have enough salary cap space to pursue the veteran receiver should he be available next month. Most estimates suggest that the Eagles have roughly $17 million in cap space.

They really could use someone across from TO, but it would be scary to have 2 older WRs in the starting lineup
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:02 pm

Ha, and McNabb told Kolber that he wasn't "recruiting" players at the Pro-Bowl...I suppose he could have been telling the truth, but someone was talking to him I guess. }:-)

Opening up both sides of the field would make the Eagles even more formidable on the offensive side of the ball. Still, it seems as though you don't need a bunch of big-name guys to win in the NFL (see NE Patriots :-)).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Wow, is just me or is this what the Eagles offseason will look like.....(Insert Free Agents name here) is being sought after by the Eagles. In Muhammads case i think that it would be a good fit for him to play across from TO. But then again who wouldnt benefit from that aside from Pinky and FredEX. Both Muhammad and ALexander had their picture taken in the Eagles pro bowl team pic. If moose was to sign a cap friendly contract so he could get a shot at going to the superbowl i could see it happening.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:23 pm

I would never complain about getting Pinkston out of the starting rotation, but I'd prefer they went after a younger guy like Housh.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:37 pm

Anyone want Koren Robinson?

*crickets*

:-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Seems the Eagles should spend all their cash on a bruising RB... perhaps someone like Lamont Jordan.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:28 pm

Eagles back on 'recruiting' trail at Pro Bowl:

...A few of the Eagles were at it again in the week leading up to Sunday's game. One by one, they sidled up to Carolina's Muhsin Muhammad and encouraged him to move to greener pastures — Eagles green, that is. They even goaded Muhammad to pose in a team picture with Philadelphia's 10 Pro Bowl representatives.

''It's definitely a time to see your old friends and make new ones,'' said Muhammad, who could be released if he can't rework his contract with the Panthers before he's due to receive a $10-million roster bonus next season.

Muhammad still says he wants to stay in Carolina, and he's focused on his second trip to the Pro Bowl, which will be played before an enthusiastic sellout crowd at Aloha Stadium today for the 26th straight year...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:29 pm

frankly, I wish they would get someone like edge. he can catch the balls out of the backfield (like the eagles love to do) and pound it. won't happen. If you could do that, some of the receiver problems would be allieviated, as you could put westbrook and edge in at the same time, and get the effect of another reciver.

I think pinky would be adequate in that situation. the guy is fast. he's just a wussy to end all wussies. but he can get a big play a game, which is useful.

I'd rather they don't get musin. he is old. I'd rather porter if they were gonna throw cash -- he at least would be a nice seque from owens.

I think getting a nice number 2 (or waiting for mason to be cut from the titans) and a solid/big back in the draft, or getting an anthony thomas type would be more worthwhile.

who knows though.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:12 pm

awwchrist wrote:Anyone want Koren Robinson?

*crickets*

:-?

Yeah,I'm sure the no good @#%^&^$&# Bears will sign him for a Randy Moss-like contract!Bastards..... :-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:04 pm

I'm not sure why everyone wants Philly to have a bruising RB. That's not their offensive style. Especially for the money that guys like Alexander, Edge and Lamont Jordan are going to want, they'd be much better spending it on a WR or a LB.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk