Eagles players trying to court Muhammad - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles players trying to court Muhammad

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:15 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Funny how very little is being said about Muhammed...the person this thread is really about.I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.To the Westbrook thing,it's the system they run to have Westy catch passes out of the backfield as well as run the ball,and he does it very effectively.A dump to the RB for good yardage is as good as a run,so we should factor in his yards per catch as well as his yards per carry.Considering the success Philly has had the past few years,I'd say they know what they are doing.Can't really knock a team that went to the Superbowl.Because they didn't win,does it make them a bad team?A few teams have lost to the Pats in the big game,it's nothing to be ashamed of.Now,Back to Muhammed.He is a bit on the elderly side,but he clearly still has some skills.Across from TO,he should do rather nicely.With Mushin ad TO on the field,it opes the ru game up even further for Westbrook.Looks like a winning combo to me.

Thanks Sixx, i wanted to see what people had to say about Moose and all of the sudden Westy hijacks the thread ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:43 pm

I bet Muhammed's price tag will end up being too high unless he absolutely wants to play for Philly. From the sound of it though, I think he's going to the highest bidder, which is more likely to be someone like Baltimore. If I were a Philly fan, I'd much rather have Porter, a young, deep threat who would open the field up tremendously for TO, Smith, etc. And get rid of Pinkston.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:09 pm

I would rather have porter as well. muhammed is too old, too expensive (which is why i personally left it that)

As for pinky -- he ain't going anywhere. He does get big plays. Its the smaller ones he seems to be a wimp about. He ain't that expensive, he is fast and can jump. Those are worth having around, even if his role is limited -- kind of how az hakem was with st. louis. if you had a situation where you groomed lewis and were able to throw out on a spread offense owens, porter/muhammed, pinkston, g. lewis and had westbrook, lj smith on the field too -- you could peridocially hit some homeruns. even with three of them on the field.

If todd "t rex" pinkston were the #3, he would be very valuable (to the eagles)

I think muhammed is staying in carolina to be honest. porter will go to minnesota, wouldn't eb surprised to see the ravens or jets end up with him either.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:08 pm

Flockers wrote:Bag, your sig would be better if it was...

"guns don't kill people, Leonard Little does"

;-D

How's this?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:38 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Flockers wrote:Bag, your sig would be better if it was...

"guns don't kill people, Leonard Little does"

;-D

How's this?

Best sig ever.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JimmyChoi » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:42 am

bagobonez wrote:I'm not sure why everyone wants Philly to have a bruising RB. That's not their offensive style. Especially for the money that guys like Alexander, Edge and Lamont Jordan are going to want, they'd be much better spending it on a WR or a LB.

They do need a power running game.....perhaps the 40 or so yards during the super bowl will attest to that.....running up the middle is not such a bad thing?? :-]
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 am

for what its worth, I agree that sometimes you just need to force your will -- you need a power element to your game.

That said, its not like the eagles neglected this idea. I don't think the absence of lewis is the be all and end all, but his blocking skills were certianly missed. And over the course of the season, losing buckhalter, ritchie, shaun andrews certainly didn't help.

I think I want them to sign atrain to be honest.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:30 pm

eaglesrule wrote:for what its worth, I agree that sometimes you just need to force your will -- you need a power element to your game.

That said, its not like the eagles neglected this idea. I don't think the absence of lewis is the be all and end all, but his blocking skills were certianly missed. And over the course of the season, losing buckhalter, ritchie, shaun andrews certainly didn't help.

I think I want them to sign atrain to be honest.

Yeah, me being an Eagles hater would actually be happy to see the Eagles spend their cap space on Shaun Alexander or Edge, because that keeps Westbrook off the field more often plus it prevents them from signing a free agent wide receiver which is actually a bigger need.

If they sign Anthony Thomas I'm going to be pissed, because I think Thomas is a very underated running back and would compliment Westbrook perfectly, and they could probably get him relatively cheap.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:35 pm

i think you would see westbrook on the field concurrently with any rb they would sign though. play him as a hybrid slot/te pass catcher role -- innovate to get him against the Lb's and so forth.

that said, alexander is overrated.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:42 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i think you would see westbrook on the field concurrently with any rb they would sign though. play him as a hybrid slot/te pass catcher role -- innovate to get him against the Lb's and so forth.

that said, alexander is overrated.

Ok, I will take the bait. I see you fishing Eaglesrule. How exactly is Alexander overrated?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk