Its Official Garcias gone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Its Official Garcias gone

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikehunt » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:49 pm

I think garcia is better in a back up roll and would fit Det well. Mucci could use him even if he is just a fill in. Look at what happened to Brees once SD
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:52 pm

He'd be nice in Detroit, but I hear Miami is courting him as well. We'll see where he ends up.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:53 pm

Lol. I feel sorry for anyone who signs this week-armed, whiner QB
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:01 pm

Does this cement the fact that Cleveland will draft either Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith assuming either SF or MIA pass on a QB?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:04 pm

bagobonez wrote:Does this cement the fact that Cleveland will draft either Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith assuming either SF or MIA pass on a QB?

It improves the chance but it doesnt cement it in stone. There are still talks of giving Luke McCown or Josh Harris the chance.

But big thing to watch is whether or not Holcomb will get resigned. If he gets resigned then the chances of drafting a QB will be higher as he can learn for a year or two before taking of the starting job
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:08 pm

Garcia gets to sit around now and nail his girlfriend.

Hard life.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 pm

Pun intended, I assume. :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:20 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Does this cement the fact that Cleveland will draft either Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith assuming either SF or MIA pass on a QB?

It improves the chance but it doesnt cement it in stone. There are still talks of giving Luke McCown or Josh Harris the chance.

But big thing to watch is whether or not Holcomb will get resigned. If he gets resigned then the chances of drafting a QB will be higher as he can learn for a year or two before taking of the starting job

Cleveland has GOT to take a QB. Well if either San Fran or Miami passes, which i think the dolphins will considering they gave a way a 2nd rounder for feeley. I think we'll see Alex Smith in cleveland, if not, next year is a good year for QBs in the draft.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:24 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Are the Ravens happy with Boller?Maybe Garcia could help put them in contention again.Just a thought...

i dont even want to think about that piece of garbage on the ravens. ill take boller over him any day.(and that says a lot considering im not too high on him)

j2thez..no wonder you were lookin to change that sig :-b 8-o :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:28 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Cleveland has GOT to take a QB. Well if either San Fran or Miami passes, which i think the dolphins will considering they gave a way a 2nd rounder for feeley.

I agree wholeheartedly. If Crennel is doing a good job Cleveland wont have this high of a pick in the draft for a long time. You can find a good starting LB or CB prospect in the mid-1st round, you can't find most promising franchise QBs in that range. They get either Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith with this pick, and possibly their choice of the two (Dolphins won't throw away AJ Feeley without giving him a fair chance, meaning an O-line more than paper thin, and SF has so many needs they should trade down and get more picks). The only reason Crennel wouldn't get his pick of the litter is someone trading up to take Rodgers or Smith, but the only team I can see needing a QB that badly is Green Bay (Favre wont last forever). Of course GB has other needs too, and probably can't afford to trade up.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk