Its Official Garcias gone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Its Official Garcias gone

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:15 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Does any team have two picks in the first round that needs a QB (probably not - I keep thinking SD, and they sure as heck don't need any more)? :-?

The Cowboys! But as far as their management style goes.. they wouldn't be interested anyways unless there happens to be a quarterback over 40 years old available in the draft..
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:40 am

Well they're now going to be wasting a good pick which could've been on Derrick Johnson, the future stud LB of the NFL, on Alex Smith...eh it could work out though.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:08 am

OK, can someone explain why the are getting rid of him? I haven't followed the Browns much, but now that Romeo is there, I probably will. Is it his skill, or contract? Or, perhaps Romeo wants his own man?
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:OK, can someone explain why the are getting rid of him? I haven't followed the Browns much, but now that Romeo is there, I probably will. Is it his skill, or contract? Or, perhaps Romeo wants his own man?

Its a combination of both. Garcia kept bitching and crying to the Cleveland media that they(the browns) weren't using his skills correctly. He wanted to run more of a west coast style of offense. Now that Romeo is here, Garcia knows that the west coast offense wont happen so he basically said that he wants to play elsewhere. It works out good for the Browns b/c they weren't too happy with his performance and whining so they cut him to save 2.5 on the salary cap. Furthermore, he was brought in solely by Butch Davis and his staff so thats all i need to say about that. Thats what went down
Last edited by J2thez929 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:33 pm

So who is the kind of QB that Romeo wants?

Besides Tom Brady.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:23 pm

A Tom Brady type. A guy that is accurate, consistant, and gives the team a chance to win. The only now problem is finding that guy :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:25 pm

J2thez929 wrote:A Tom Brady type. A guy that is accurate, consistant, and gives the team a chance to win. The only now problem is finding that guy :-b

The Lions will take one of those too please :-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:55 pm

It's likely inevitable that Garcia ends up in Detroit. If not, then you know there is a true rift between Millen and Mooch. Garcia would be a good fit and as bag said, there's a lot of talent to throw to and a very good RB to help.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:19 pm

seriously, the browns can suck just the same without garcia.

I think it makes more sense to take the lumps now to be honest. They need to get a qb who can develop with winslow anyway.

maybe they tank this year to get leinart next? just kidding.

they should just draft a qb, go with holcomb or that other guy. its not like garcia is young -- he would be transistion at best anyway.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:22 pm

eaglesrule wrote:seriously, the browns can suck just the same without garcia.

I think it makes more sense to take the lumps now to be honest. They need to get a qb who can develop with winslow anyway.

maybe they tank this year to get leinart next? just kidding.

they should just draft a qb, go with holcomb or that other guy. its not like garcia is young -- he would be transistion at best anyway.

Thats another reason why they got rid of him now. Everyone knows that they aren't going to contend for the championship next year so why not save some salary and get a guy who can develop for when they get things straightened out
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk