Kevin Johnson FA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Johnson FA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:37 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:everyyear someone emerges as a NEW top 20 WR so yes it is possible,,,did anyone here predict Mushin's great rise this year????

didnt think so

Mushin Muhammad caught more than 90 catches and over 1150 yards in two season as an undisputed #1 WR before his landmark 2004 campaign. In the three years following that, he battled injuries for two years and was supplanted as the #1 WR in the year following those injuries. When he regained the #1 WR position due to an injury and stayed healthy himself he went back to his old ways. No one predicted that he would be the #1 fantasy WR in 2004, but the indicators were there that he could put up another solid performance if he stayed healthy and got the chance.
--------

Kevin Johnson has nowhere near the pedigree that Muhammad had before the 2004 season. Kevin Johnson is not a Mushin Muhammad/Donald Driver type comeback WR. His career was not derailed by injury.... rather, Kevin Johnson has not been the best WR on his team since the 2001 season when he put up decent stats as the Cleveland Brown's #1. Three years have passed since then and Johnson has seen a reduced role in every season following his single impressive season. He has also been traded two times, including once in the middle of the season, and has failed to become a regular starter on either new team.
-------------

Mushin Muhammad was worth a late-middle round pick in 2004 and was a steal as a last round pick before the season even began. He was one of the most talented #2 WRs in the league who lost his job due to an injury. Kevin Johnson is a poor excuse for a #1 WR that has seen a declining role ever since his career year in 2001. No team seems to want this guy and every team that has had him on the roster is on the lookout for a better player. Kevin Johnson is worth a last round pick, but don't expect anything more than a desperation WR starter that could become a decent #2 WR only if he lands in the PERFECT situation.

P.S. I drafted Mushin Muhammad in the 11th round (of 16) in the cafe league I participated in, so I'm not blowing hot air.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:03 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:From watching Johnson and the Ravens play, I can tell that he has great potential, but he hasn't had the chance to release it yet. I don't see him as a #1, but he could play #2 in SF, SD, NYJ, NYG, etc etc. I think he'd be a great asset to whichever team drafts him.

potential? this guy's best years are behind him. He's only 29, I believe, but I can't see this guy having better than a 650 yard, 3 TD season.

He'll be another #3 receiver on some team, making solid contribution, but nothing fantasy worthy, in my opinion.

And I can't see why last season would leave anyone with optimism. 373 yards with one TD? Not great...

that'sbecause he had a terrible QB. If peyton manning was throwing to him, I'd predict stokley-like #'s. sure, he won't have a fantasy impact, but he may have an impact on the team that courts him.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:36 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:From watching Johnson and the Ravens play, I can tell that he has great potential, but he hasn't had the chance to release it yet. I don't see him as a #1, but he could play #2 in SF, SD, NYJ, NYG, etc etc. I think he'd be a great asset to whichever team drafts him.

potential? this guy's best years are behind him. He's only 29, I believe, but I can't see this guy having better than a 650 yard, 3 TD season.

He'll be another #3 receiver on some team, making solid contribution, but nothing fantasy worthy, in my opinion.

And I can't see why last season would leave anyone with optimism. 373 yards with one TD? Not great...

I agree with you 100% on Johnson, Cleveland didnt want him, getting released during the season, he couldnt beat out the stiffs in Baltimore last year. The guy is a headcase without game. I could see him as a #3 reciever at best.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:56 pm

i see him having little to no value, unless you are in a deep 20 person league. id be surprised if he makes the #2 position on any team, unless they are really hurting.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:00 am

I think he would be a great fit in Detroit. He is a posession receiver who has never recovered from the brilliant strategies of Butch Davis. With Rogers and Roy, he could blend in nicely to the role that Az Hakim and Picabo where is Ti Streets couldn't fulfill. He drops enough balls to fit it too.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

yeah right...

Postby RayVins » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:38 am

good riddance to bad rubbish...

johnson was never worth the pick we traded for him.

he says he wants to go to a good team? way to burn a bridge with the ravens organization by calling them a bad team...

all you need to know about kevin johnson... 4th and something in KC territory. ravens are trying to mount a comeback drive on MNF. over the middle johnson drops a pass, goes right through his hands...

he never panned out, never lived up to his potential. story in CLE, story in JAC, story in BAL...

i'm glad his cap number is gone. this frees room for muhammed, mason, or porter...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:15 am

mtryanks12 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

that'sbecause he had a terrible QB. If peyton manning was throwing to him, I'd predict stokley-like #'s. sure, he won't have a fantasy impact, but he may have an impact on the team that courts him.

yanks, I could get decent numbers with manning throwing to me. Well, maybe not me, but I'm also horrible.

Stokley has proven he can do well with shoddy QBs too (see: WHEN HE PLAYED FOR YOUR TEAM). So that comparison is bad.

Suggesting KJ could get over 1000 yards and multiple TDs now is laughable. Even with Manning. KJ is a bust... and as stated by Mutant, now just a #3.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

ouch...

Postby RayVins » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:18 am

No1CowboysFan wrote:
"Stokley has proven he can do well with shoddy QBs too (see: WHEN HE PLAYED FOR YOUR TEAM). So that comparison is bad.".

ouch... i dont know about the other ravens fans on here, but he just dissed tony banks and trent dilfer.

ouch CowboyFan... just ouch...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:58 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Lloyd would/will be the #1 in San Fran...the dude has skills. I almost put "maybe SF," but I think Lloyd has more total ability than Johnson. :-/

I watched Lloyd play at Illinois. He is an absolute stud WR who has been playing without a good QB his whole life (at least since college). In SF, he is a Joe Montana, Steve Young, or even Jeff Garcia (in his prime) away from becoming a monster.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:14 pm

Kevin Johnson would look really nice in an Argonauts uniform. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk