Bledsoe to be Released. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe to be Released.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:09 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I think Losman can become a very capable NFL starter, but there will likely be a lot of bumps along the way. I don't think Losman's promotion will mean elevated stats for any skill position players until he gets acclimated to the speed of the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger had one of the best rookie seasons by any NFL quarterback and I didn't see Hines Ward or Plaxico Burress have an upward spike in their stats. If anything, Ward and Burress' stats suffered even with Big Ben having a great rookie campaign.

Hard to increase on your WR stats when your opportunities are cut in half. When was the last time you saw a franchise run the ball more than 600 times in one season? Let me clue you in, it's a very rare occurance. Ben Roethlisburger had the 5th highest QB rating in the NFL in 2004....

Unless of course you forsee the Bill's handing off 600 times in 2005 (or even 500 times for that matter), using Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress decrease in production is pretty irrelevant to the discussion of rookie QBs.

Don't quote Eli Manning stats either: the New York Giants have way less talent on offensive than the Buffalo Bill's... and techinically, Losman is no longer a rookie QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:51 pm

I think Losman can be next year's Roethlisberger...he has a hungry RB to advance the ball in McGahee, a proven receiver who can make good catches in Moulds, and a tough defense to keep the other team from scoring a bunch of points. The problem is that I doubt they will see the same success as the Steelers due to the division they play in. They can probably win as many as last year if not one more even with Losman in there.

I saw the guy in preseason before he hurt himself, and I was very impressed. Yes, preseason, not great competition, whatever...but he gives more to the team than Bledsoe does - youthful exhuberance, escapability, and an excited fan base. I hope Buffalo can pick up where they left off last year. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I think Losman can become a very capable NFL starter, but there will likely be a lot of bumps along the way. I don't think Losman's promotion will mean elevated stats for any skill position players until he gets acclimated to the speed of the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger had one of the best rookie seasons by any NFL quarterback and I didn't see Hines Ward or Plaxico Burress have an upward spike in their stats. If anything, Ward and Burress' stats suffered even with Big Ben having a great rookie campaign.

Hard to increase on your WR stats when your opportunities are cut in half. When was the last time you saw a franchise run the ball more than 600 times in one season? Let me clue you in, it's a very rare occurance. Ben Roethlisburger had the 5th highest QB rating in the NFL in 2004....

Unless of course you forsee the Bill's handing off 600 times in 2005 (or even 500 times for that matter), using Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress decrease in production is pretty irrelevant to the discussion of rookie QBs.

Don't quote Eli Manning stats either: the New York Giants have way less talent on offensive than the Buffalo Bill's... and techinically, Losman is no longer a rookie QB.

Sure, Losman will have to pass the ball more than Ben did in 2004, but how do you see Moulds and Evans getting signifcantly better with a rookie quarterback taking the helm? Losman hasn't been given ample opportunity to take the field and we're expecting better numbers than Bledsoe's? Sorry, I just don't buy it, and Losman, for all intents and purposes, is a rookie quarterback. Sure, he held a clipboard last year, but he didn't get any real playing time. Few quarterbacks in their first year at the helm have big success in the NFL right away. It takes time.

Say what you will about the talent surrounding Losman, I just don't see him throwing more than 20 touchdowns and 3,000 yards at best. Not a huge increase over Bledsoe's 16 touchdowns and 3,000 yards.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:02 pm

Lets see if Losman lives up to his first round pick status.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:31 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:Huh! All be damn! Maybe he could make a bigger impact in Detroit than Garcia.

Hell no, keep Bledsoe get him away from Detroit. We dont need another immobile QB, especially one past his prime.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:27 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I think Losman can be next year's Roethlisberger...he has a hungry RB to advance the ball in McGahee, a proven receiver who can make good catches in Moulds, and a tough defense to keep the other team from scoring a bunch of points.

Good statement. He's coming into a rare situation where the talent and defense are there around him. Hopefully, Mularkey will put him in a position where he just has to not lose games rather than try to win them.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Atog » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:29 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:Huh! All be damn! Maybe he could make a bigger impact in Detroit than Garcia.

Hell no, keep Bledsoe get him away from Detroit. We dont need another immobile QB, especially one past his prime.

worked for Brees+whatshisname....
I'm optimistic for any QB but Joey and McMahon in Detroit.
Well, Maybe McMahon. I like him. Could be a decent QB.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:37 pm

Atog wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

worked for Brees+whatshisname....
I'm optimistic for any QB but Joey and McMahon in Detroit.
Well, Maybe McMahon. I like him. Could be a decent QB.

little different Rivers is a supposed young stud, Bledsoe is a horse put out to pasture.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:47 am

I don't see Bledsoe going to Detroit. If they want an immobile, fumble-prone, old QB they'll pick up Mrs. Warner's husband.

I hope this doesn't interfere with the developement of Evans. He really seeemed to be comming on the last portion of the season. This could stunt him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:12 am

I could see Losman, Moulds, and Evans numbers being similar to Palmer, CJ, Housh's stats this year. Bumpy to start, but smooth out down the stretch.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk