Bledsoe to be Released. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe to be Released.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:27 am

As a dynasty owner of McGahee I'm watching this closely. On the one hand, look at the Stillers - they pounded the rock mercilessly and had one of the top rushing offenses. On the other hand, it remains to be seen if Willis can carry the whole offense all year (Pittsburgh had the Bus and Duce).

I think I'm excited about it because Rudi Johnson did pretty well under similar circumstances against the toughest schedule in football with a rookie QB and a non existent D. Other than Losman, the Bills are a legit playoff contender.

Give the rock to Willis 375 times!
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:27 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:As a dynasty owner of McGahee I'm watching this closely. On the one hand, look at the Stillers - they pounded the rock mercilessly and had one of the top rushing offenses. On the other hand, it remains to be seen if Willis can carry the whole offense all year (Pittsburgh had the Bus and Duce).

I think I'm excited about it because Rudi Johnson did pretty well under similar circumstances against the toughest schedule in football with a rookie QB and a non existent D. Other than Losman, the Bills are a legit playoff contender.

Give the rock to Willis 375 times!

Can Shaud be a capable fill in for McGahee when he needs a blow,assuming Henry will be gone?If so,I could definitely see this helping McGahee's numbers this year.He seemed to do pretty well in spot situations last year.I would love to see 375 myself!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:08 pm

So where does Bledsoe go now? Does anyone else think the Jets are a possibility?

Pennington's surgery was apparently more serious than originally thought, they'll want to have a solid backup in case his arm isn't 100%. Carter is dealing with a lot of problems right now, I dont know about the specifics but I think he has bipolar disorder. And I know the Jets are not overly thrilled with the idea of having Ricky Ray or Brooks Bollinger leading their team. I can definitely see New York going after a veteran arm.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:29 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:So where does Bledsoe go now? Does anyone else think the Jets are a possibility?

Pennington's surgery was apparently more serious than originally thought, they'll want to have a solid backup in case his arm isn't 100%. Carter is dealing with a lot of problems right now, I dont know about the specifics but I think he has bipolar disorder. And I know the Jets are not overly thrilled with the idea of having Ricky Ray or Brooks Bollinger leading their team. I can definitely see New York going after a veteran arm.

I could see the Jets since they are running a more vertical offense now. Bledsoe could probably teach Penny a few positive things too.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:24 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:Huh! All be damn! Maybe he could make a bigger impact in Detroit than Garcia.

Hell no, keep Bledsoe get him away from Detroit. We dont need another immobile QB, especially one past his prime.

After some thought I retract my statement. All I can say is I hope Detroit works on getting Garcia or someone better to help in our struggling QB position.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk