My First NFL Mock(with a couple trades) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My First NFL Mock(with a couple trades)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:08 am

Benson being the #1 back seems to be the general consensus, but I agree with Vikes_fan here. I've always been more impressed with Cadillac. The guy very deceivingly has superb strength because he runs agressively, and brings a shiftiness to the table on top of that that the other two top RB's can't match.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:08 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:All in all a good mock, but a see some problems that I think stand out......

I could see Cleveland trading up, but the problem is I just dont think they will do it with Rodgers being the best available QB.

Cedric Benson is the #1 back.

Alex Smith won't go to Tampa, they will choose Caddy or Ronnie. Griese had a great second half and he isn't very old.

Justin Tuck on paper looks to be probably the most athletic DE in the draft, but he wont go that high. Late first, early second.

Alex Barron should go top 12.

Anttaj Hawthorne could not possibly go any worse than 18. If he is available, the Vikings would take him in a heartbeat.

Thomas Davis, like Alex Barron, should go top 12.

I believe that Corey Webster is better than Marlin Jackson.

Solid mock, though.

I wouldn't count on Hawthorne going top 18, his stock fell a lot this year. He is not even in the 1st round in many mocks.

Did you see Webster at the Senior Bowl? Travis Daniels outplayed him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:19 pm

There's no way in hell the Colts take a defensive end in the first round. We already have Robert Mathis opposite Dwight Freeney. I'm guessing the Colts go with a defensive back, someone like LSU's Corey Webster. But there's just no way we grab a defensive end when we already have two studs.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:41 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:You, like every other mock on the cafe, have Williams going to Chicago. I have said repeatedly that I am pretty content with Williams or Edwards going to Chi-town, but every mock from news sources (fox sports, ESPN, etc.) has Edwards going there. Interesting difference. AS long as they get a WR (and Porter :-b ).

I think Williams is a much better reciever than Edwards. The only thing hurting him is that he didn't play last year. I think Edwards won't be a very good WR in the pros. He drops too many passes to be reliable. As long as Williams has a good showing at the combine, I think the Bears will take him over Edwards.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:13 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:You, like every other mock on the cafe, have Williams going to Chicago. I have said repeatedly that I am pretty content with Williams or Edwards going to Chi-town, but every mock from news sources (fox sports, ESPN, etc.) has Edwards going there. Interesting difference. AS long as they get a WR (and Porter :-b ).

I think Williams is a much better reciever than Edwards. The only thing hurting him is that he didn't play last year. I think Edwards won't be a very good WR in the pros. He drops too many passes to be reliable. As long as Williams has a good showing at the combine, I think the Bears will take him over Edwards.

Not necessarilly saying I disagree with you, just pointing out a contradiction. It seems like everyone except the "experts" thinks Williams is better.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:00 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

Never stopped Seattle's WR's from trying...lol.But seriously,this is the Bears we're talking about here...they will probably draft a fullback first,then cut him before pre-season!Or try to convert him into a QB.God it sucks being a Bear fan.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CC » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

If you are going to knock Braylon for dropping passes, you have to give him credit for making catches no one else can. If Mike Williams runs a 4.55 or better, he will go first otherwise it will be Braylon.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

If you are going to knock Braylon for dropping passes, you have to give him credit for making catches no one else can. If Mike Williams runs a 4.55 or better, he will go first otherwise it will be Braylon.

I will give credit when credit's do, Braylon makes some unbelievable catches. But he seems to drop the easy ones occasionally.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye