Random Q: How much would you pay for a... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Random Q: How much would you pay for a...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Random Q: How much would you pay for a...

Postby ruby67vette » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:00 pm

a Brett Favre autographed football? I have the opportunity to purchase one for $135 (a 2nd chance ebay auction.) I ended up buying a Brady SB ball and wasn't planning on spending the dough on both, but is it worth another $135?

Thanks, sorry I didnt know who else to ask!
ruby67vette
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:59 pm

I'd say it really depends on how big a football fan you are.I personally would do it,as Favre is one of my favorite QB's ever,and this comes from a Bear fan.Even so,you could always drop by any snowmobile bar in Wisconsin and probably sell it in a few years from now to some drunk guy for the price of his house because he's wishing they had another Favre.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55 am

The real question is," How much is a Brett Favre signed football worth to you?" :-?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Calyxes » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:34 pm

I would buy it. When he gos to the Hall of Fame that ball will be worth a ton.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:45 pm

$135 is a pretty good price... Favre is a lock for the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.... Once he's in the Hall, that ball will be worth two or three times as much.... Doubling or Tripling any investment in the span of a few years is always a good thing....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeanJoe75 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:10 pm

Typed in the item on Ebay, the lowest priced one I saw was $49.
MeanJoe75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:18 am

Personally, I would never pay anything for an autograph. Never been into them even when I was a kid. I'm a big Jets fan and had the chance to meet Joe Namath. I was working at a golf course and he was waiting for Don Maynard so they could go out and play. We talked for 20-30 minutes and I never once thought about getting his autograph. That's the 1st question most people ask me..."did you get his autograph?". Another reason I would never buy an autograph is an article I read a few years back. The FBI did a study and estimated that 90% of all autographed memorabilia is fake.

That's my opinion, but in your case I agree with the posters who have asked "what is it worth to you?"
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby PapaPark » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:51 pm

I wouldn't pay that much if it didn't come with some type of certificate of authenticity.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk