My latest mock...

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:55 pm

"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Trying to perfect these things is really impossible. This is pretty decent mock draft, and believe me, I've seen a ton of them. I still think Braylon Edwards is going to Chi-town, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike Williams end up there.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Pretty good mock ;-D

But I just can't see DJ falling out of the top ten

Am I crazy for thinking this b/c I have seen a bunch of mocks with him going 11th, 14th, 15th, and even 20th!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Trying to perfect these things is really impossible. This is pretty decent mock draft, and believe me, I've seen a ton of them. I still think Braylon Edwards is going to Chi-town, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike Williams end up there.

IM with ya on Braylon Edwards going to Chi-town, i had read an interview with Braylon and he had stated after the combines he will be the first WR chosen. I think that the maturity level of Braylon staying at Michigan for so long and his drive to be the best will put him above Williams.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm

I like Edwards better than MW. I heard that Braylon has stated he doesn't want to go to Chicago b/c of the David Terrell stigma though, I'm debating who to put first in my mock.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm

Nice mock.

I think Williams goes ahead of Braylon. I see DJ going earlier, or someone trading up to take him. There is no way he can go that late in my opinion.

I also think the Colts would take Marlin Jackson over that guy at CB too...

But nice mock.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:37 pm

Hard to argue with your mock.

I think Mike Tice would cry if Anttaj Hawthorne and Travis Johnson go the two picks in front of him.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:45 pm

not too shabby. I agree that DJ will not fall out of the top 10, and I think Cadillac should go ahead of Ronnie. Other then that it looks good ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:49 pm

portisfan24 wrote:not too shabby. I agree that DJ will not fall out of the top 10, and I think Cadillac should go ahead of Ronnie. Other then that it looks good ;-D

I kinda differ and say that Ronnie should and will go ahead of Cadillac. Ronnie is more of a "complete package" back who is ready for the NFL
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:28 pm

I like the mock, Barron has slipped a fair bit in the last little while, and I think Baas will go before Elton Brown after his showing at the Sr. Bowl. I don't like Hawthorne that high, but apart from that. I think this is a really good Mock.

BTW, I love the sig.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk