My latest mock... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My latest mock...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like the mock, Barron has slipped a fair bit in the last little while, and I think Baas will go before Elton Brown after his showing at the Sr. Bowl. I don't like Hawthorne that high, but apart from that. I think this is a really good Mock.

BTW, I love the sig.

Thanks for the remark about the sig. I hope you're right about Hawthorne not going that high, because Parcells is really high on him and I'd like to see him fall to #20 so Dallas could nab him as their new nose tackle for the 3-4.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like the mock, Barron has slipped a fair bit in the last little while, and I think Baas will go before Elton Brown after his showing at the Sr. Bowl. I don't like Hawthorne that high, but apart from that. I think this is a really good Mock.

BTW, I love the sig.

Thanks for the remark about the sig. I hope you're right about Hawthorne not going that high, because Parcells is really high on him and I'd like to see him fall to #20 so Dallas could nab him as their new nose tackle for the 3-4.

I agree with Canadian Cheese, both Hawthorne and James will be taken too high, I've seen them play all year and they are both overrated.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:38 pm

This is one of the best mocks I've seen in ages. But I just don't see us really taking a defensive lineman anymore...we really need help at linebacker and in our secondary. I also like Carlos Rogers, but I think Justin Miller will be taken before him. And although Derrick Johnson probably will not fall out of the top 10, if he does, it will probably happen in the situation you have it in. Overall a very good mock.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:45 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:This is one of the best mocks I've seen in ages. But I just don't see us really taking a defensive lineman anymore...we really need help at linebacker and in our secondary. I also like Carlos Rogers, but I think Justin Miller will be taken before him. And although Derrick Johnson probably will not fall out of the top 10, if he does, it will probably happen in the situation you have it in. Overall a very good mock.

Thank you. I originally had New Orleans taking Channing Crowder instead of a DT, but I think they will want to see what Courtney Watson can do at MLB, plus they have virtually no one next to Sullivan of any value.

I think Carlos Rogers' stock will continue to rise up until draft day, and he will end up being drafted higher than Miller because of his measurables and the fact that he played for an elite school.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:55 pm

So... ah... Bago, who gave you that signature idea?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:06 pm

Flockers wrote:So... ah... Bago, who gave you that signature idea?

You did, you did.

/me bows.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:52 am

J2thez929 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:not too shabby. I agree that DJ will not fall out of the top 10, and I think Cadillac should go ahead of Ronnie. Other then that it looks good ;-D

I kinda differ and say that Ronnie should and will go ahead of Cadillac. Ronnie is more of a "complete package" back who is ready for the NFL

I also think that Ronnie should go first. I think that Cadillac will go first though.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:02 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Edwards better than MW. I heard that Braylon has stated he doesn't want to go to Chicago b/c of the David Terrell stigma though, I'm debating who to put first in my mock.

I gotta say I'm quite sick of these pampered jack bags whining about where they want to go.It used to be an honor just to play in the NFL.Now these guys treat it like it's Courtney Love...cheap,trashy,and everyone's right to abuse it.If Edwards doesn't want to be here,I don't want him here.Sorry to rant on ya,but that just gets my goat.But anyway,Nice work on the mock.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:30 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Edwards better than MW. I heard that Braylon has stated he doesn't want to go to Chicago b/c of the David Terrell stigma though, I'm debating who to put first in my mock.

I gotta say I'm quite sick of these pampered jack bags whining about where they want to go.It used to be an honor just to play in the NFL.Now these guys treat it like it's Courtney Love...cheap,trashy,and everyone's right to abuse it.If Edwards doesn't want to be here,I don't want him here.Sorry to rant on ya,but that just gets my goat.But anyway,Nice work on the mock.

I agree, but this is a little different. This is not Eli saying he won't play for the Chargers.

Edwards isn't saying he doesn't want to come to Chicago because we suck, or it's cold, or he won't get as much advertising, etc. He is simply saying that he doesn't want to drop one pass and the immediately here "Oh god, here we go again, another Terrell." That is exactly how Bear fans are. Maybe we have a right, after 10 years or so now as a joke of a franchise, but that is exactly what will happen if he has a rough couple of games. I know there is the argument that if he doesn't drop balls then we won't say anything, but he will be a rookie and there should be some room for growing pains.

I don't think he is refusing to play here or anything though, so it is a lot different from these pampered asses like Eli.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:27 pm

Good Mock.

Only thing I would change is SOMEONE grabs Heath Miller in the 1st round... forgive me if im blind, but i didnt see him anywhere.

I think the Jets take him with their pick... Penny could use the help.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk