Attention Stephen Jackson owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Attention Stephen Jackson owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:21 pm

We knew it would happen sometime. Faulk has declined quite a bit in the last few years, unlike some other 30+ back playing in New York ;-D .
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:53 pm

I was also really happy to see them promote Jeff Smoker to #2 also...His skills really fit that offense.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:26 am

Very nice move by the Rams and Martz. They are wise to play the better back and not let past sucess get in their heads. This way they won't screw themselves over and not use Jackson's potential stud skills. Two thumbs up ;-D ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:35 am

the way my keeper league works, we get to keep developmental rookies 3 extra years than a normal keeper, if you kept the player his rookie year. though its not the same as julius jones right now, im still pleased.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:33 am

I'm happy my Rams are making some good decisions. Now if Martz can actually figure out how to use a conventional back... Hint: just hand it to him consistently throughout the game instead of 12 consecutive runs to start the game and pass the rest of the time
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:24 pm

Does anyone know Faulk's contract terms? I've got to imagine that he is costing the team a pretty penny. If that's the case, I really wouldn't be surprised to see an even bigger shakeup than what was announced here. They may well ditch Faulk and cut their losses.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:28 pm

As far I as I know, he signed a 6 or 7 year, 40 something millon dollar contract extension at the end of 2002 seasn. But dont quote me on that.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shock Wave » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:42 pm

I knew it was going to happen but its still weird to see anyways. Faulk has had a great career but Jackson is really looking good, it doesnt really surprise me.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:35 am

J2thez929 wrote:As far I as I know, he signed a 6 or 7 year, 40 something millon dollar contract extension at the end of 2002 seasn. But dont quote me on that.

Good memory Puppy. 7yr/$44mil in '02. I could only find his '03 cap hit which was $2.2 mil. His cap hit should be lower in '05 so I'd say they'll welcome him back for sure. It'll be more a question of whether he really does want to be a backup.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk