Bledsoe to the Lions? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe to the Lions?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:04 pm

Everything I hear goes towards Garcia ending up with Mooch in Detroit and Bledsoe reuniting with Parcells in Dalls, I mean compared to Testeverde, Bledsoe is young

I also heard the Colts were going to let Edge go FA and trade Peyton Manning for Kevan Barlow Straight Up, Im just telling you what I heard
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onepunch » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:52 pm

As far as that Peyton rumor, well, I know a guy who knows this guys who works with this other guy. Then again we all do, but I thought I'd share that with y'all anyway. I don't mean to imply they know anything. I just know... this.. guy... who, well, anyway.
Hello cool world!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:58 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I've heard rumors,nothing substantiated,just rumors, of Gruden wanting a look at Garcia.I saw it on some football website,I just can't remember where.If that happens,the Lions may have no choice but to give Bledsoe a shot.I'm not sure that will really solve their problems though.I think McMahon could develop into a decent QB if given a chance.

Okay,here is what I saw.Turns out nothing big,but this is it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... estions.1/

Despite the debacle his one-year stint in Cleveland was, the former three-time Pro Bowl selection will have options once he's officially released next week. Where's he headed after that? Here's a quick check of the likely suspects:
1. Tampa Bay -- Last offseason Garcia nearly turned down starter's money from Cleveland to accept the Bucs' low-ball offer, and he has a long-standing desire to play in Jon Gruden's version of the West Coast offense. Tampa Bay will have interest, but the Bucs also want to retain Brian Griese and will likely use Garcia's sudden availability as leverage with Griese at the bargaining table.
Griese is due a $6 million bonus in March, with a $2 million 2005 salary. Look for the Bucs to try and bring Griese back for a more manageable $3 million to $4 million total payout. We expect Griese will read the tea leaves correctly and work out a new deal in Tampa before Garcia hits the market. But even if he does, it's possible the Bucs would still pursue Garcia at a bargain-basement price, in the hopes of taking the two veterans plus third-year man Chris Simms to training camp.
Believing it wouldn't take much to win the Bucs starting job, and not prioritizing money at this point in his career, Garcia might be tempted to take Tampa Bay up on its offer and fight it out with Griese.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:50 pm

I can't see Garcia going to TB now that they have signed Alili Smith. Greise is most likely a goner now too. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:33 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
moochman wrote:If the Lions want an immobile, turn over prone QB they'll likely go with Mrs Warner's husband.

wow that brings back memoeries of super bowls where they would pan to mrs. kurt warner every other minute. it drove me insane.

I wonder who had the haircut first, Brenda or Kurt?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:36 pm

If the Lion's get a free agent QB if would be Garcia.

1 He has a history with Mooch

2 He can run

3 The line tends not to block at times

4 This makes no. 2 very important.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Garcia re-uniting with Mariucci sounds good to me. And if not, I just read the Saints might cut Aaron Brooks due to salary cap issues. Both players sounds like a solid option for the Lions.
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk