Breakouts from 2004 WR class - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breakouts from 2004 WR class

Moderator: Football Moderators

Breakouts from 2004 WR class

Postby onepunch » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:57 pm

There were a lot of WR's taken early last year (and a couple intriguing WR's taken late). Roy Williams, Clayton, Evans and Fitz look good and are no brainers for who should do well (based on their performances last year). What about some of the other guys like Jenkins, Watts, Colbert, Devery Henderson, Woods, Reggie Williams, Berrian, Devard Darling and Samie Parker? I'm in a dynasty league and am curious what you guys think on this subject. Thanks for any input.
Hello cool world!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Breakouts from 2004 WR class

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:02 pm

onepunch wrote:There were a lot of WR's taken early last year (and a couple intriguing WR's taken late). Roy Williams, Clayton, Evans and Fitz look good and are no brainers for who should do well (based on their performances last year). What about some of the other guys like Jenkins, Watts, Colbert, Devery Henderson, Woods, Reggie Williams, Berrian, Devard Darling and Samie Parker? I'm in a dynasty league and am curious what you guys think on this subject. Thanks for any input.

I'm really high on Colbert.I wanted him last year but there were other options at the time,so I passed.I think he can take a step this year,and become a decent #3 or possibly a 2 if Jake gets going early.The only thing to worry about is the return of Steve Smith,although Muhammed's departure would offset that a bit.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:02 pm

i think from the obvious guys you'll see Reggie Williams and Colbert come on. Woods and Watts also have a little potential. I don't expect any thing from henderson, jenkins, darling, berrian, and parker
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Breakouts from 2004 WR class

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:24 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
onepunch wrote:There were a lot of WR's taken early last year (and a couple intriguing WR's taken late). Roy Williams, Clayton, Evans and Fitz look good and are no brainers for who should do well (based on their performances last year). What about some of the other guys like Jenkins, Watts, Colbert, Devery Henderson, Woods, Reggie Williams, Berrian, Devard Darling and Samie Parker? I'm in a dynasty league and am curious what you guys think on this subject. Thanks for any input.

I'm really high on Colbert.I wanted him last year but there were other options at the time,so I passed.I think he can take a step this year,and become a decent #3 or possibly a 2 if Jake gets going early.The only thing to worry about is the return of Steve Smith,although Muhammed's departure would offset that a bit.

I'm with onepunch on Colbert. Muhammed SHOULD be on his way out of Carolina because of his salary expectations and that will mean good things for Colbert as a #2 with a good year's experience behind him. Delhomme has confidence in him and he had great yardage. He just needs to find the endzone more often and he'll be a very good WR for years.

Watts has the talent but I'm not sure if he'll realize it or when. He's a lot like his teammate Lelie. You can see it but he can't quite do it yet. As Rod Smith nears retirement, Watts should get more chances and odds are he will capitalize eventually.

Reggie Williams has the most pressure. He's the highest pick of the bunch and the Jags really need his help. Edwards was adequate and Wilford showed flashes, especially in the redzone but Reggie is the guy they need to jump out. I'm not sure he will. I smell bust with him. One of the Williams' has to fail right? And it's not Roy or Mike.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:56 pm

being a carolina boy, i'm telling ya keary colbert is a great receiver already.... I even had him on my fantasy team last year, he had some good performances for a rookie.......I also believe reggie williams will obviously do WAY better than he did last year ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:56 pm

I like Colbert and Smith as a nice 1-2 punch. Lee Evans would probably be good too, but I'm not so sure about Losman.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:24 pm

Out of the less-touted second year WRs, I like Evans and Williams. Evans became a deep threat last year and could slowly emerge into a greater role during the Losman era. Reggie Williams didn't make much noise last year, but as Leftwich continues to improve and Smith continues to age, he should see more opportunites to reach his potential.

Watts was everyone favorite target last preseason, it should be interesting to see if he amounts to anything. Berrian, Darling, and Parker probably won't see enough time to produce anything. Devery Henderson is worth keeping an eye on, with Stallworth continually falling out of favor in New Orleans Henderson may get a chance to prove himself. To round the group Woods, Colbeart, and Jenkins such make decent sleepers as well.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JohnnyTitan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:42 am

I like Jenkins & Henderson as the guys to follow. Atlanta's lack of a passing attack could hurt Jenkins, but someone has to eventually step up & earn the money Price is getting. I think they may look to him. Henderson is in the perfect position to boom in a dynasty league. Stallworth isn't performong & Horn just keeps getting older.

Oh, & if your in my league (Iron Chef), ignore this post.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:31 am

34=Sweetness wrote:I like Colbert and Smith as a nice 1-2 punch. Lee Evans would probably be good too, but I'm not so sure about Losman.

Yeah,Evans should be nice this year also.I forgot about him because he wasn't on the original list,but he's definitely a guy to watch next season.Losman could hurt his value early,but that only makes him cheaper to get when they start to click!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby onepunch » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:22 am

I did mention Evans in my original post, but anyway, I'm curious. Does anyone know why, as pathetic as SF was last year, why Woods didn't start or get more playing time. Is he a bust or does he just need this new regime to show his stuff. I think he has a ton of talent, just lacks a little speed (so did Jerry Rice coming out of college and he did kinda ok).
Hello cool world!!!
onepunch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk