2005 RB draft class breakdown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2005 RB draft class breakdown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Not to jump on the bandwagon here, I still think Cadillac will make the best pro out of all the backs coming out this year. Better than Brown, better than Benson, even better than the incredible Ciatrick Fason.

I actually think Fason has as much potential as any one of those guys, however I figure it will take him longer to emerge than any of the concensus top 3.

I worry about Fason in the NFL with better tacklers. Fason would run over poor tackling teams, breaking literally 5 or 6 tackles on any given play. But in the Peach Bowl when he played against that disciplined Miami defense that actually wrapped up rather than trying to knock him over, he was completely shut down and couldn't get away from anyone, so I worry about him in the NFL where most teams should be fundamentally sound at tackling.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:25 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Not to jump on the bandwagon here, I still think Cadillac will make the best pro out of all the backs coming out this year. Better than Brown, better than Benson, even better than the incredible Ciatrick Fason.

I actually think Fason has as much potential as any one of those guys, however I figure it will take him longer to emerge than any of the concensus top 3.

I worry about Fason in the NFL with better tacklers. Fason would run over poor tackling teams, breaking literally 5 or 6 tackles on any given play. But in the Peach Bowl when he played against that disciplined Miami defense that actually wrapped up rather than trying to knock him over, he was completely shut down and couldn't get away from anyone, so I worry about him in the NFL where most teams should be fundamentally sound at tackling.

This is why i dont think he'll have much success in the NFL. Ive seen him play so much, and im just not that impressed. If he goes first round then the team that takes him will of taken an enormous gamble.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:08 am

Free Bagel wrote:

Yeah, this is the Golden Age of tackling in the League. Seriously, though, he will have problems at least for awhile because NFL players are better tacklers, even if they aren't as good as they should be.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:07 pm

Here is decent list of underclassmen joining the draft list
http://thehuddle.com/nfl/2005-early-entry.php
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:17 pm

i think brown and benson will both be solid backs, cadillac is the clear 3rd and then the underclassmen fall after that.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:52 pm

Hmm, I guess DeAngelo Williams from Memphis didn't come out?

That guy would probably be a top 5 RB prospect had he come out.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:17 pm

deangelo was the reason i was keeping my 1.4 pick. Once i saw he was gone, I traded it in a package deal to get jamal. He broke his leg in the bowl game and will probably be the #1 back coming out next year.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:14 pm

I'd actually like McClendon if he wasn't so injury prone. My wife's china is more durable than he is. Too bad, 'cause when he's healthy he's fun to watch.

I like Fason a lot but with picks 1.4 (too early) and 2.4 (too late) in my dynasty league I doubt I'll get a chance to pick him up. It will depend on his circumstances, of course. Julius Jones was barely on my radar until Dallas took him as their soon-to-be starter.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 pm

Azrael wrote:Hmm, I guess DeAngelo Williams from Memphis didn't come out?

That guy would probably be a top 5 RB prospect had he come out.

Yea Williams would have been a real nice guy to have come out. However with the broken leg and all he probably made the right decision. I'd say he's firmly planted as the #3 back next year after Maroney and Bush.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:16 pm

Ronnie is the man this year. I guess I just don't feel confirtable with Cady's history of being injured.

Sleeper RB to me has to be Fason. I like his speed (4.4 - 40) and running ability. It will be interesting to see where he goes.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk