Vick Overrated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick Overrated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby madmike » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:00 pm

Vick gets over-hyped each year in some FF rankings. People always think this will be his "big year". Last year he was ranked #3 QB in CBS pre-season projections but by end of season finished in 11th spot actual. Until he has this "big season" I've been hearing about for last few years I'll keep him as a flyer to take a chance on but not bet my team on.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:15 pm

Vick is a good QB, but he ain't great. So yes, I do think he gets overhyped. There's almost always, in every draft, somebody who takes Vick way too early in the draft. So don't let the hype get to your head and let some other guy take him in the early rounds.
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:36 am

He is a good QB, but overhyped in fantasy in my opinion. Arm strength and potential can only get you so far, as well as mobility and rushing yards...He needs to start throwing for some more TDs, and get more yardage...I think he is amazing...but I wouldn't want him as a QB of one of my fantasy teams...Way too inconsistent. Didn't the Lions sack him 7 or 8 times?

These seem to always come up. I just don't think I want him anchoring my franchise..Throwing for 150, and rushing for 50-75 just doesn't get the job done in most leagues.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 am

accuracy.

pure and simple he needs to learn to stay in the pocket and throw an accurate pass with some consistency before the falcons can ever reach a SB.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk