Offseason Discussion of the Week: Part 1, 2ND TIER RB'S - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Offseason Discussion of the Week: Part 1, 2ND TIER RB'S

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:19 pm

1. Ahman Green
2. Deuce McAllister
3. Jamal Lewis
4. Dominick Davis
5. Clinton Portis
6. Corey Dillon
7. Kevin Jones
8. Chris Brown
9. Curtis Martin
10. Brian Westbrook
11. Rudi Johnson
12. Stephen Jackson
13. Tiki Barber
14. Julius Jones
Image
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4481
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:59 pm

This is a very tough list to rank,but I have to put Ahman and Duece in the top tier if McGahee and Priest are still going to be there.I know,alot of you are saying "What?Priest not in the top tier?",but I believe he will not be as effective this year due to age,compounded injuries,and the emergence of Blaylock(if he stays) and Johnson as viable starters.With McGahee,I have been recently swayed to believe he is worthy of top-tier status,but can't believe he will be that much better than Duece or Ahman.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:35 pm

1. Ahman Green
2. Deuce McAllister
3. Corey Dillon
4. Jamal Lewis
5. Clinton Portis
6. Domanick Davis
7. Chris Brown
8. Rudi Johnson
9. Kevin Jones
10. Julius Jones
11. Curtis Martin
12. Brian Westbrook
13. Tiki Barber
14. Stephen Jackson

Some notes:

1.) Beware McGahee lovers! I predict at least three of the RBs on this list will be a better pick than McGahee.
2.) Homerism aside, where's Thomas Jones? Is he third tier?
3.) Beware of Stephen Jackson. As long as Faulk is there, he will play and there's not all that many carries in St. Louis to begin with.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:01 pm

Yea, I have Thomas Jones, along with guys like Fred Taylor in the 3rd tier of RB's

And about McGahee, that's going to be interesting. 90% of the cafe will agree with me that he's an elite back, at least top 5. But I can see where your concerns are coming from.
Image
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3793
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:59 pm

MeShawn wrote:And about McGahee, that's going to be interesting. 90% of the cafe will agree with me that he's an elite back, at least top 5. But I can see where your concerns are coming from.


I think he belongs in the top 5 to start. I really don't know who should go above him (LT2 is the only sure thing), I am just very skeptical that he is going to be the #2 or #3 fantasy RB this year. I am just hoping I don't have to make the decision to take him. I want the #1 pick or #9 - 12 personally.

I think Travis Henry, Thomas Jones and Fred Taylor should be on this list also. Henry will surely start somewhere, T. Jones was definately putting up numbers on par with some of these guys until Grossman got hurt, and Taylor had a one year endzone dry spell. These three are going to be great value picks if everyone thinks there are 20+ RBs better than them.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:00 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I think Travis Henry, Thomas Jones and Fred Taylor should be on this list also. Henry will surely start somewhere, T. Jones was definately putting up numbers on par with some of these guys until Grossman got hurt, and Taylor had a one year endzone dry spell. These three are going to be great value picks if everyone thinks there are 20+ RBs better than them.
Just a couple of thoughts on these three guys. I think that you've got to see where Henry ends up before placing him anywhere. If he ends up in a good situation, I could definitely see him back in the top ten RBs. As for Thomas Jones, I think that he may have a little bit more in the tank than what he put up last year, but I'm not sure that he has a bunch more. Just purely on gut with him but I've just got that feeling that he wil be the eternal tease. With Freddy, I'm not exactly sure what to think there. I think that he may be skating on thin ice on in Jax. They've brought in two backs the past two seasons with some marquee quality to them; you don't do that if you are happy with the current situation.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:24 am

MadScott wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:I think Travis Henry, Thomas Jones and Fred Taylor should be on this list also. Henry will surely start somewhere, T. Jones was definately putting up numbers on par with some of these guys until Grossman got hurt, and Taylor had a one year endzone dry spell. These three are going to be great value picks if everyone thinks there are 20+ RBs better than them.
Just a couple of thoughts on these three guys. I think that you've got to see where Henry ends up before placing him anywhere. If he ends up in a good situation, I could definitely see him back in the top ten RBs. As for Thomas Jones, I think that he may have a little bit more in the tank than what he put up last year, but I'm not sure that he has a bunch more. Just purely on gut with him but I've just got that feeling that he wil be the eternal tease. With Freddy, I'm not exactly sure what to think there. I think that he may be skating on thin ice on in Jax. They've brought in two backs the past two seasons with some marquee quality to them; you don't do that if you are happy with the current situation.


OK. Fair assessment, but then let's be fair with everyone. Julius Jones has yet to prove himself for an entire year and he is going to get some kind of workload if no QB is brought in. There is talk of bringing in a power back to Philly which will almost eliminate rushing TDs for Westy. Stephen Jackson has been named the feature back in a system that gives RBs 15-20 carries a game, and Faulk will play. Faulk will spell Jackson which means he will get at least 5 of those carries. I see your criticisms and questions for the three guys I mentioned and I actually agree with Joshyboy that there are more tiers than the first one, and this one, but if you are going to lump all 14 of these guys as "teir 2" RBs, then I think Henry, Jones, and Taylor belong.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:51 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:OK. Fair assessment, but then let's be fair with everyone. Julius Jones has yet to prove himself for an entire year and he is going to get some kind of workload if no QB is brought in. There is talk of bringing in a power back to Philly which will almost eliminate rushing TDs for Westy. Stephen Jackson has been named the feature back in a system that gives RBs 15-20 carries a game, and Faulk will play. Faulk will spell Jackson which means he will get at least 5 of those carries. I see your criticisms and questions for the three guys I mentioned and I actually agree with Joshyboy that there are more tiers than the first one, and this one, but if you are going to lump all 14 of these guys as "teir 2" RBs, then I think Henry, Jones, and Taylor belong.
I hope that you didn't think I was harshing you because I certainly wasn't trying to come off that way. I agree that those three guys should also appear somewhere on the list as well with their positioning dependant on the offseason shakeout.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:44 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact