2005 Season Consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFL's Finest

2005 Season Consolidated

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:24 pm

I don't really think the trade deadline is necessary, I think we have a good group of fellas here and there aren't going to be any trades that would unfairly stack a team for the playoffs, or see any managers "giving up" and making a deal considering this is a dynasty league. But if you want to implement one it's fine with me.

I'm fine with the roster expansion if you want to make this league even deeper, but I wouldn't go higher than 2 more spots. If you go 3 or 4, we're talking 23 or 24 man rosters compared to only 9 man starting lineups, it's a lot, not to mention 36-48 more players off waivers which would make free agency awfully thin, but if that's what you're going for I guess it's not that bad. A better way to do it would be just go into the rookie draft without having roster cuts, and after the rookie draft have each owner have to cut down to 22 or so. Rather than just saying "go" and have each owner being able to rush to pick up two players they want.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:29 am

I also don't know if there needs to be a trade deadline, but if there is one, I would say right before the playoffs...

As for Evolution, I also hope everything is ok. But we haven't heard from him since early September, so I think it might be time to look for a new owner. Should he come back at some point, we can always address it at that point.

I would vote for expanding rosters...The more the merrier.. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:26 am

This is all premature discussion but ill chime in.

I'd love the roster expansion I was thinking of that earlier this season. 2 or 3 players would be great.

As for Evolution he's been gone for a while I dont know the chances of him coming back but SPC would be a nice replacement.

I dont care about the trade deadline I dont think it is neccesary but i'm not against it either.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MeShawn » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:31 am

Thanks for the quick input guys.

joshyboy72 wrote:A better way to do it would be just go into the rookie draft without having roster cuts, and after the rookie draft have each owner have to cut down to 22 or so. Rather than just saying "go" and have each owner being able to rush to pick up two players they want.

That's a solid idea. That solves the expansion (if we decide to) and roster cut idea in one swing.

We're definately not going to make any decisions until (at least) after our league championship, so if you guys have any other questions or concerns, shoot.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:09 pm

YES, please expand. twenty people has been driving me crazy. there are so many people i've left out (considering I'm "rebuilding") that i wanted to hang on to.

the rest sounds swell.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

As it turns out, I'm not dead!

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:24 pm

(and there was much rejoicing. yayyyyy!)

Hey guys!

Sorry for my extreme inactivity on the boards this season. But I assure you I have my reasons. And to be fair, no matter how bad my team was, I never stopped updating my lineup.

Here's the deal:

This semester I stupidly enrolled in 18 units, and for those of you who are attending/have attended college know, that is a horrible idea. as a result, all of my free-time has been sucked away, and I'll likely only pass half my classes from a severe overwork. In addition, I had a 20-hour job all semester, AND, I also am now a staff writer for our independant school newspaper (I'm just that damned cool).

And the little free-time I have, when im not at class, or work, or studying, or drinking, or sleeping, or writing for the paper (all that leaves me approximently 2 hours a week... and sleep is only about 4 hours a night), I usually strum on my guitar. I have picked up a love for it, though I'm no good. I'm 19, a little old to just start learning how to play, and I also have small, carnie-like hands, so that's no good. but it's fun.

But I still plan to be fully active in this league, and hopefully, I can get a few posts in the offseason. i hope to cut my workload down next semester considerably.

AS FOR LEAGUE NEWS: I think it's pretty obvious that I have the first overall rookie pick. Though I made some poor decisions, I'd like to think a lot of it wasn't my fault. Jamal's meltdown, Ahman's IR, Clayton and Colbert disappearing from their QBs radar entirely, Carr continuing to suck (ok, that one was stupid of me). A lot of hard-to-predict scenarios. Not my fault. Just badddddd bad luck. No one, I repeat no one, has had worse luck than me this draft. Go back and look at who I drafted if ou need further proof. I have been able to be somewhat competitive only through my stellar FA (and it has been... Bledsoe was a Godsend).

Though I honestly do believe that I have built up my team with a lot of high potential young players that in time will thrive in this league, and my team will contend in roughly two or three years. Until then... courage.

In order to jump start this process, I would like to hold open bidding on what I like to call "Reggie bait." If you want Reggie Bush, you come to me, and we'll work something out for that number one rookie spot. If no one goes as high as I'd like, I'll pull a San Diego and draft him myself.

you might have better luck e-mailing me rather than PMing me (though I should get PMs forwarded to my new email...)

mailto:el.andisimo@gmail.com

good luck to whoever is in the playoffs, and post/PM/email me if you have any trade offers. Adios, Amigos.

And PS: RIP Richard Pryor.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MeShawn » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:44 pm

Hey man, good to hear from you.

I sent you an offer for Reggie.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:01 am

A good starting offer from Meshawn, but I wanted to add one thing...

If you do offer me a trade, I want a later pick in the draft. Preferably first round, possibly very early 2nd.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:13 am

So you took a million credits knowing you could tank this year and land Reggie huh? Interesting...

:-D

Just kidding man...Great to have ya back. Hope things are going well.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:41 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So you took a million credits knowing you could tank this year and land Reggie huh? Interesting...

:-D

ouch :-P

to be fair, i think i got some promising FAs late this season. (i know, no matter what I say, Ernest Wilford won't be a good FF WR just because I keep saying he will).

And damn it, in three years when Matt Schuab is one of the top three QBs in this league, I expect bowing and praising of me.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest