How the 2004 draft should have gone. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How the 2004 draft should have gone.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:44 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Having DeAngelo Hall in the top 10 seems a little stupid. I mean he had a terrible year on defense...most people forgot about it just because of a few nice special teams plays. He's the new Michael Vick of cornerbacks. These are the stats he let up to his covered receiver each week:

week 1- 7 catches, 94 yards, 1 TD
week 2- 9 catches, 121 yards, 1 TD
week 3- 5 catches, 37 yards
week 4- 7 catches, 114 yards
week 5- 3 catches, 18 yards
week 6- 6 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD
week 7- 3 catches, 52 yards
week 8- 9 catches, 208 yards, 1 TD
week 10- 6 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD
week 11- 6 catches, 118 yards, 2 TD
week 12- 9 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD
week 13- 1 catch, 15 yards
week 14- 2 catches, 33 yards
week 15- 10 catches, 135 yards, 1 TD
week 16- 5 catches, 76 yards
week 17- 3 catches, 18 yards, 1 TD

If we're talking about "once these players mature" then Eli would still be taken higher than Big Ben, etc. Like CC said, 2005 has proven that Jacksonville needs to improve that offense with a WR...drastically. I believe they averaged somewhere around 15 or 16 points a game this year, which is pathetic.

Is there a site that actually has the stats of how many catches/yards CBs gave up? If so, please post it.

If not, how did you get those stats?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:50 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Having DeAngelo Hall in the top 10 seems a little stupid. I mean he had a terrible year on defense...most people forgot about it just because of a few nice special teams plays. He's the new Michael Vick of cornerbacks. These are the stats he let up to his covered receiver each week:

If we're talking about "once these players mature" then Eli would still be taken higher than Big Ben, etc. Like CC said, 2005 has proven that Jacksonville needs to improve that offense with a WR...drastically. I believe they averaged somewhere around 15 or 16 points a game this year, which is pathetic.

deangelo was injured for most of the preseason and a good part of the regular season. the falcons played a lot of zone with d'lo and he wasnt always the #1 cb (not sure if he ever was) so how are you going to come up with those numbers?
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:47 am

I am very impressed!!! Hall was injured for 6 games! yet you have stats for 16 games??? nobody should trust this guy stats... holy crap... i agree that hall's year was not spectacular... but he was hurt (out/didn't play) for a good part of the year and played hurt (played but injured) for some games... give him a break... i wanna know where you got those pathetically laughable stats? did you make'em up? be honest...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:04 am

Sorry all, I forgot about the time he was injured. But no, when he was playing he was the number one cornerback. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I can tell you that. Or if you don't believe me just go to their depth chart on NFL.com. On coverage he just didn't look good. That's all.

And yeah, I made them up. Yup, yup. Wow, for you to say that, don't you think that completely supports my argument? Hey, thanks. But if you don't believe me why don't you stop insulting me and actually check them yourself. Okay, it's a plan.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:53 am

on the depth chart hall is listed as the starting left cornerback, not the #1 cornerback http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depthChart.jsp

the falcons also played a lot of zone defense

how are you going to say that he gave up all of those yards when they were playing zone defense a lot of the time and when d hall wasnt defending the #1 wr a lot of the time?

http://www.nfl.com/photos/2004-Week-8/ATL@DEN

that shows webster defending rod smith, so that catch was deangelo's fault?

You have to click over the shoulder and rod runs wild to see those pictures after hitting the link

and again: http://www.nfl.com/photos/2004-Week-8/ATL@DEN that 80 yard td is halls fault even though webster was guarding him i suppose
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:57 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Sorry all, I forgot about the time he was injured. But no, when he was playing he was the number one cornerback. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I can tell you that. Or if you don't believe me just go to their depth chart on NFL.com. On coverage he just didn't look good. That's all.

Ok, then how do you explain webster covering rod smith in those 2 pictures? He wasnt the #1 cornerback in all of the games, and the pictures prove it no matter what you think that you may have seen.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:24 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:You guys can have Roethlisberger. I do not want him in black and silver. Black and yellow is just fine. Hey my Raiders need a major impact player. Big Ben was the beneficiary of a great TEAM. Which the Raiders are NOT. So he would have looked worse than Collins.

No offense Pittsburgh. But the Raiders have other needs.

You must not have seen Big Ben play very often if you think he would have looked worse than Collins. C'mon man, Ben had the 5th highest QB ranking in the NFL last season.... You don't get that kind of rating without having accuracy and football smarts, and Collins severely lacks in the latter category. Put Collins in a Steeler's uniform and he probably still leads the league in INTs returned for touchdowns...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MCG321 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:28 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Sorry all, I forgot about the time he was injured. But no, when he was playing he was the number one cornerback. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I can tell you that. Or if you don't believe me just go to their depth chart on NFL.com. On coverage he just didn't look good. That's all.

And yeah, I made them up. Yup, yup. Wow, for you to say that, don't you think that completely supports my argument? Hey, thanks. But if you don't believe me why don't you stop insulting me and actually check them yourself. Okay, it's a plan.

Even if he does cover the #1 WR, that doesn't mean he's responsible for every catch or yard or TD given up, unless they play man-to-man EVERY play, which is definitely not the case.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 pm

This top ten is laughable... what a crock.

You can't decide what people should have or not picked after one season! For all we know, Rivers or Eli (god forbid Eli) could become the next great QB in the league. Players need more than 16 games to develop.

Stupid idea for an article. Just blowing smoke out his ass... I'd love this guy on my fantasy football league. I'd sell high on him every week.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:55 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:You guys can have Roethlisberger. I do not want him in black and silver. Black and yellow is just fine. Hey my Raiders need a major impact player. Big Ben was the beneficiary of a great TEAM. Which the Raiders are NOT. So he would have looked worse than Collins.

No offense Pittsburgh. But the Raiders have other needs.

I agree, Gallery was the right pick for the Raiders. It is too soon to say how the draft should have gone. We haven't seen enough of Rivers or Manning for starters.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk