ESPN is CR@P!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN is CR@P!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN is CR@P!!!

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:24 am

I can't believe ESPN is already charging people to view information about '05 fantasy football. $19.95 to read last seasons stats and articles based on speculation. OMG this pisses me off. I was in an ESPN league and thought the subscription would at least last until the mid to early summer. Anyways. I enjoyed the Fantasy Tools and am trying to use them. But was sadly denied access. What junk.

BTW i was invited into the ESPN league. I did not make the decision to run the league on that site.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:06 am

Actually I saw your post and tried it myself and it's not working for me either. That shouldn't be since I'm only in 2 years of a 3 year keeper league so I am technically paid up for 3 years of that Fantasy Football Edge.

I've seen this before, where they are just mucking around with the site and they make everything look like a permissions issue when the pages are just under construction. Try again in a week or two.

Side note: ESPN is definitely the worst site I've used. Even as a sworn enemy of CBS's fantasy site I have to admit it was better than ESPN's.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:32 am

My boy Len makes it all worthwhile, Fantasy Football or not.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:02 pm

On Espn i enjoy all the articles and insight they provide as bad or good as they may be. I am an Engle guy. I hate Karabell. Len is definitely good too. And that cockcroft guy sucks. Look at his name. :-t
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:04 pm

The only good thing about that site is Len. If it wasn't for him I'd never visit that site again. :-t
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:22 pm

I still can't believe people would actually pay to receive their fantasy crap. I'd rather do it alone or you could use the best = The Cafe!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:50 pm

I hate ESPN for this and so much more. Very much like them to do this. It simply makes me shy away from them
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:27 pm

I'll never pay for any fantasy information. You have all you need to know right here on the internet for free, and some of the cafe members are much more knowledgable than any so-called expert that is collecting a paycheck for putting out crappy information that is simply common knowledge.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:19 pm

The Cafe is good for peer to peer information, but every year I suscribe to The Huddle. Easily the best fantasy football site out there, by miles and miles. It has tons, I mean tons of information on it every day, injury reports, and a lot more. And for only $18, it's really worth it, fork over a 20 and your loaded for the entire football season. They seriously are experts...I'm not kidding...on that site they really know their shit. Those who are complaining that they'd never pay anything for fantasy information have obviously never done it before...or at least never gotten a subscription to The Huddle...it's currently free from now till like August or so, I suggest you check it out if you're looking for a good site. http://www.thehuddle.com

But charging now is just stupid...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:08 am

joshyboy72 wrote:The Cafe is good for peer to peer information, but every year I suscribe to The Huddle. Easily the best fantasy football site out there, by miles and miles. It has tons, I mean tons of information on it every day, injury reports, and a lot more. And for only $18, it's really worth it, fork over a 20 and your loaded for the entire football season. They seriously are experts...I'm not kidding...on that site they really know their shit. Those who are complaining that they'd never pay anything for fantasy information have obviously never done it before...or at least never gotten a subscription to The Huddle...it's currently free from now till like August or so, I suggest you check it out if you're looking for a good site. http://www.thehuddle.com

But charging now is just stupid...

I was at the Huddle last offseason... and did like the quick news, and the professional articles. But when pay period came around, I took an easy pass... no contest.

The Cafe has just as quick info, if you surf the forums correctly, and the people here are much more easy going. The Huddle is an alright site, but no way is it worth paying. It's all about free info.

Hail to the Cafe... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk