New Offence Should Help Deuce. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Offence Should Help Deuce.

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Offence Should Help Deuce.

Postby CC » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:53 am

The firing of McCarthy does as much for his value as the firing of Haslett would have.

Rotowire.com wrote:Update: New offensive coordinator Mike Sheppard's biggest priority this offseason is to simplify the offense, which will feature more running and ball-control passing, the Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: This is obviously great news for McAllister, who was hampered by an ankle injury in 2004. The Saints got away from running the ball last year as they often found themselves down big early and often. Moreover, the playbook last season under then offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy was reportedly six inches thick. The complexity of the offense often led to bumbling mistakes across the board. There could be growing pains with a new offense, but if the team sticks to establishing the run, look to steal McAllister in most of the summer drafts given the nasty taste left in his owner's mouths last season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:39 pm

sweet. good find, not that we didn't already expect that deuce would improve based on the new OC
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 pm

Aaron Brooks is still Aaron Brooks.

This might get Mac considered 2 picks earlier. Might.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:41 pm

So thats why Aaron Brooks made so many dumb plays last year! He didnt understand what was going on! Aaron Brooks, top 5 QB next year. :-b

But seriously, this is good news for Deuce. I expect him to fall out of the first round in most leagues, and he should be a steal in the middle of the second.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:28 pm

awwchrist wrote:Aaron Brooks is still Aaron Brooks.

And Jim Hasslet is still Jim Hasslet. :-B

I expect Deuce to go in the late 1st or early 2nd round. He'd definately be a steal if you could get him late in the 2nd round.
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:05 pm

yeah i think most people have fallen off his bandwagon....time to get him late :-L
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:13 pm

It's spelled offense,not offence.

I still see the same old Saints until they do something on D,give up some scores and there goes the running game whether simplified or not.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:56 pm

awwchrist wrote:Aaron Brooks is still Aaron Brooks.

Brooks might get cut.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:09 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:It's spelled offense,not offence.

I still see the same old Saints until they do something on D,give up some scores and there goes the running game whether simplified or not.

i agree, they need major defensive imporvements til I start to rely on their offense
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:11 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:It's spelled offense,not offence.

True but in '03 when Duece was a stallion,they gave up points just the same. This i do not know how to explain.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk