New Offence Should Help Deuce. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Offence Should Help Deuce.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:56 am

Yeah I do agree that Karney did show much promise last year. I can recall back to the Vikings sunday night game when he was just tearing it up against the LB's, but then again they are the Viking LB's, but still he showed promise.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 pm

MadScott wrote:Besides the horrid play calling and his injury, you also have to factor in the loss of Terrelle Smith last season and the experimentation with a no FB, double TE set. Talk about a work in progress, there is absolutely no way for them to develop any type of consistency in the running game.

I think with a new scheme, the implementation of a true FB and a healthy season, Deuce could bust through and be the second or third best RB in FF like many predicted for him last season.

That was the FB I was thinking of...thanks for backing me up on this MadScott,whether it was intentional or not!This was precisely the point I was making,and I believe Deuce will slip and be a steal for whoever grabs him in the late first/early second round.He greatly disappointed me this past year,but I don't hold grudges.Hell,I drafted David Boston his first 3 years in the league,well,I guess now I hold a grudge against him,but it took three tries!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 pm

I don't understand all this "Deuce was a huge bust/dissappointment in 2004". I mean the guy got injured and missed a few games it could happen to anybody.

Sure, his owners probably played him once or twice when he had a really bad game and he got you around 0 points, and he sat out a couple games as well. But, Deuce averaged the same amount of points per game after the injury as in 2003 when he was a top5 RB (~14.5 ppg in weeks 5-17). If he can do that kind of damage after sitting out for only two weeks from a high ankle sprain (an injury that sometimes takes months to heal) imagine what he can do fully healthy.

Oh yeah, we already know what he can do fully healthy (9 straight 100 yard games in 2003). If you can get this guy as your #2 RB... look out.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Ydub » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:01 am

I finally dealt him in my dynasty league(Deuce and Fitz for LT2)...and while I wish Deuce the best, I just can't deal with the inconsistency anymore. Really fellas, if you want the definition of feast or famine...look no further than Deuce McAllister.
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:16 am

Ydub wrote:I finally dealt him in my dynasty league(Deuce and Fitz for LT2)...and while I wish Deuce the best, I just can't deal with the inconsistency anymore. Really fellas, if you want the definition of feast or famine...look no further than Deuce McAllister.

Nice trade - LT2 in a dynasty league...sweeeet. ;-D

I just traded for Deuce this season in my dynasty league since his value was down and he was finally affordable. I think he'll be fine this season.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:58 am

I like the changes, but it all depends on how well they do during the first half of the season. Knowing that Hasslett has been on hot seat for the past couple of years, this is due or die. If the offense is not producing and the defense is not clicking, I can see Hasslett getting despirate.

Let's just hope that Brooks can keep defenses honest... if so, Duece will be a beast next year. IMO, I see Duece back to 1800-2100 total yards again with 12+ TD's. Again, that's just where I see him if healthy (340+ carries / 50+ rec. )

He will face Tampa, Carolina and Atlanta twice. Funny thing is he has done well against these defenses in the past.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk