sketchy rankings. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

sketchy rankings.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ravage » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:24 pm

ljthockey wrote:Wow that actually pissed me off reading that guy considers himself an expert :-P
Careful, jth. A couple of years ago on a different board. I got an email from the site when I called one of their writers a "so-called expert". I thought it was funny but they got pretty POed. The guy was on a site totally unrelated to the one I posted the quote on. I have no idea how he even found out about it.

BTW, the item I disagreed with him on. I ended up being right and he was wrong.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:18 pm

the so called genius wrote:what exactly has Alexander done to prove that he can be one of the top 3 fantasy RBs in the league?

Let's see... :-? LOL. This guy has absolutely no idea how to tier players, and how to distinguish the top running backs from garbage. I was rolling on the floor laughing after I read this. What a freaking moron, if he gets paid a penny an hour to do this he's being overpaid.

Unfortunately for B4P the only mistake he could see was a typo... :-b Haha just kidding man.

Skibrett I thank you for providing me with a day's portion of laughter.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Recidivist » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:26 pm

The best laugh I've had all year thus far, especially what he said about Ron Dayne:

Ron Dayne, New York Giants
A guy that just keeps "hanging around". I drafted him in the first round of one of my rookie drafts, and as bad as he's been, he *just* hasn't been bad enough to warrant me cutting him. Many times it has been very close, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I still can't, even though there's nothing good I can think of to say about him right now!

He "just" can't cut Ron Dayne?? What, is he in a 150-team league??

Oh, and what he says about Shaun Alexander is just priceless:

Shaun Alexander, Seattle
I already know that this ranking will spark the most "you stink" emails in my direction. To that I say, bring it on!! Seriously though, what exactly has Alexander done to prove that he can be one of the top 3 fantasy RBs in the league? I'm just not seeing it. Sure, he has the occassional game where he scores 3 TDs, but those are offset by 2 or 3 games where he does absolutely nothing. The other part of this, I keep hearing about him wanting to be somewhere else even though he's under contract to the Seahawks, not a good thing. That's one of the main reasons I knock him down a bit on this list, the unknown as far as where he might be next season. I don't think Alexander is a guy that can simply go to another team and dominate, though I've been wrong before.

What has he done? Um, he's only been, like a top-three back for the past four years. He only averages about 15 TDs a year.

"Sure, he has the occassional game where he scores 3 TDs, but those are offset by 2 or 3 games where he does absolutely nothing."

This isn't 2002, dude. SA is extremely consistent.

Okay, Westbrook will probably be (undeservedly) mired in a RBBC situation next year in Philly, and is ranked fourth, while SA is eleventh?? I hope this guy got paid Monopoly money for this crap.
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:04 pm

my girlfriend could have ranked these guys more accurately than that dude. id like to be in his league :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:13 am

And this guy advertises on the Cafe too...just look on the left of your screen. That's funny, considering there's no one here as stupid as him. Man, don't they have someone read these or something before they publish them? :-?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

wow...

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:06 am

any credibilty this guy would have had with me was lost when he spelled "ontario" wrong...

and no way are michael pittman, kevan barlow, and rudi johnson 2nd tier when they start... as opposed to 1st tier RBs deshaun foster, steven jackson (regardless if he starts next year or not), and julius jones (only started a few games)... and willis mcgahee? come on.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Anyone see the QB article? I know the Bears have had it rough at QB, but to put Boller/Feely as 2nd tier, Rivers/Losman, Henson, Matt Schaub as 3rd tier, and not even have Rex Grossman on the list is rediculous.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk