MCG321 wrote:Got nipple rings?

Got purple contacts?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:22 pm

Oh god let's not turn this into another manly pictures thread. I still have nightmares from the other one...David Boston and his steroid infused cohorts. :-o

I think he'll still be in Miami, but competing with the likes of Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Randy McMichael isn't easy. Due to all the questions still bogging him down, I'll estimate somewhere in the range of 900 yards and 6 touchdowns for Boston.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:30 pm

bagobonez wrote:

Got purple contacts?

How did you know?

Er...wait a second, that wasn't directed to me, was it?

Move along...
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:28 am

joshyboy72 wrote:I'll estimate somewhere in the range of 900 yards and 6 touchdowns for Boston.

I think my predictions would be slightly lower. He's a great red-zone target, so 6 TD's isn't out of the question, but his yards will be somewhere around 700.

But what really surprised me is that he's only 27 years old. I though for sure he was on the wrong side of 30.

But I'm still sticking by my prediction of 700 yards, 6 TD's. I say he starts 10 games this season.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:03 am

Is Miami planning on keeping Chamers, Boston, and Booker? Honestly, I think Boston will make a nice sleeper this year. Its evidenced by this thread that he isn't getting much love, and given the opportunity he may be able to act on his potential.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:26 am

Funny, I was thinking the same thing here.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Depending on where he landed this season, I might be comfortable plopping down a late-middle round draft pick for Boston. The guy's career has been derailed primarily by injuries. Character issues aside, Boston's talent level has not declined....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MCG321 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:47 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Depending on where he landed this season, I might be comfortable plopping down a late-middle round draft pick for Boston. The guy's career has been derailed primarily by injuries. Character issues aside, Boston's talent level has not declined....

Quite frankly, you don't really know if his talent level has declined or not because we haven't seen him play (although we did see he had trouble catching balls, perhaps because his muscles were TOO big).
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:42 pm

MeShawn wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I'll estimate somewhere in the range of 900 yards and 6 touchdowns for Boston.

I think my predictions would be slightly lower. He's a great red-zone target, so 6 TD's isn't out of the question, but his yards will be somewhere around 700.

But what really surprised me is that he's only 27 years old. I though for sure he was on the wrong side of 30.

But I'm still sticking by my prediction of 700 yards, 6 TD's. I say he starts 10 games this season.

I'm actually surprised that he's as old as 27. Wasn't this the same guy that was 19 years old when he was drafted?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:24 pm

MCG321 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Depending on where he landed this season, I might be comfortable plopping down a late-middle round draft pick for Boston. The guy's career has been derailed primarily by injuries. Character issues aside, Boston's talent level has not declined....

Quite frankly, you don't really know if his talent level has declined or not because we haven't seen him play (although we did see he had trouble catching balls, perhaps because his muscles were TOO big).

I guess I worded that badly. I meant to say that the decline in his stats from 2001 were not due to declining talent. Each subsequent year after that, Boldin has either been injured, in a bad situation, or had other problems not related to his pass catching ability. Remember he did catch 70 passes in 14 games for the horrible, HORRIBLE, 2003 Chargers and that's the last we've heard from him following his season ending 2004 injury. A lot of people drafted this guy in an early round in 2002 and 2003 and tend avoid him because they've been burned. That doesn't mean this guy is no longer a talented WR who is capable of catching 90 passes for 1500 yards if put in the right situation.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk