What does your member name mean or signify? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What does your member name mean or signify?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun May 29, 2005 10:20 am

Ok here it is: I've only told a handful of privileged friends that I've made from the cafe about the meaning of my name, but I'm in a giving mood, so i'll share the story:

About four years back, when I was a young age of somewhere in between 9 and 10, I was spending a hot summer day over at a friend's down the road, Eric's. The original plan was to go swimming in his neighbour's pool for a couple of hours and then go home, but that all changed in a flash...

I had just put on my bathing trunks, and stepped outside, when Eric came around the corner of his house, with a balloon filled with water. (When I was a youngin, back in the day, water balloons just dominated everything.)

It just so happened that Eric's neighbour of two doors down, Mac, also had a friend over, Jamie. Mind you, they were both three years older than us, but we were hip and cool, and thought it'd be great fun if we sent over a round of balloons at them. So we did...

And they had a miniature pool filled with balloons, to our little knowlegde. They counterattacked, and we grabbed as many balloons as we could, and retreated to his (mac's) treehouse...

This was, mind you, the most amazing treehouse I've ever seen. It had doors with little chain locks, and windows with the same, and was about 20 feet above the ground...

They followed, and got bombarded by balloons, until we ran out. They were approaching us, and moving closer by the second, with a tub filled with balloons. Thinking quickly, I told Eric to help me barracade the door. But as you already know, we were in a treehouse, and there wasn't much to work with...

We resorted to sitting with our backs against the door, and that was when something caught my eye: a bottle of shaving cream sitting on the ledge in the treehouse. I made use of it, by putting it all over the door lock, and the door handle, as you could reach through a crack in the door, about 3 quarters of a foot wide, and easily unlatch the door...

Mac proceeded to reach in, as expected, and to his surprise, all over the shaving cream his hand went. He then pulled out and started swearing, not knowing what had just happened to his hand...

When the end of summer rolled around, Mac spread word of what happened, and called me "Creamdoor", for putting the shaving cream on his door. it stuck, and that's what everyone, even my teacher addresses me by...

The 39 also happens to be my favourite number, and theirs a reason for that too...

When hockey was till being played, and I was about 6 or 7, Dominik Hasek was easily the most entertaining guy to watch. He'd dive and sprawl, and do just about everything to mae a save. I played goalie in the floor hockey league I was in, and I idolized him, and told everyone to call me the dominator, Hasek's nickname...

As time went by, 39 stuck around, and I would do ritals such as write 39 on my arm 39 time in marker, before a game. It's actaull quite sad...

When I stumbled upon the cafe, I wanted a name that folwed, and sounded cool. I originally wrote "creamdoor39" before erasing it, as I thought my username would look wiked with only words, and no numbers in it. So along came "creamdoorthirtynine", but, once again, it didnt flow, so I added an "r"in it, and that stuck.

I use something along the lines of my username for almost everything now. And there you have it. LOL, I really wish I hadn't spent the last 45 minutes explaining that ;-7
Last edited by creamdoorthirtyniner on Sun May 29, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nebbie2004 » Sun May 29, 2005 10:58 am

This is the name Ive always used on Internet and here's the story behind "nebbie2004";

I used to go into aim/yahoo chat rooms all the time chatting with different females and just getting to know them. this was almost ten years ago when there were no popular games sites or anything and Yahoo was about the only chatroom on the net. anyway, I had to pick a name before I got online, as Im thinking of a name for "online chatroom use only" I thought of the word "neb" which means "horny projecting mouth of a bird". Lol I was always called "Bird" in School so I transfered me being a bird as my nickname highschool to "neb" as I was talking to women online. "Neb" byitself didnt sound cool so to make it flow I added on the "bie" to make it "nebbie", well I tried to start using this nick online and it was taken so I added 2004 for my graduation year and Ive been "nebbie2004" everywhere online since.

I would like to think you School Buddies(for call me "Bird"), Online Women being in Chat rooms, and finally for there being a year in which I have to graduate. All you made my online nickname possible. lol :-b

there ya have it, what a Lame story.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby joester » Sun May 29, 2005 11:32 am

My name is Joey. Back when I joined this place 3 years ago, Joester sounder kinda cool. So that was my tag.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun May 29, 2005 11:36 am

Well I signed up here right after Doug Brien missed the field goals against Pittsburgh in the playoffs, and I really didn't expect to post more than a few time. Well, as you can imagine, I was really angry at the time, hence the "disgruntled" on the first part of my name.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby airraid81 » Sun May 29, 2005 12:10 pm

My name is just my fantasy football team's name for the past 4 years. I picked it when I was 11, to signify an airplane bomb raid. In a football sense, it can also represent a team with a good passing attack. I used 81, because it is and has been my number on the football field my entire career. (I play defesnive line, ussually tackle.)
NFL=No Fun Leauge
NFL=No Farting League
NFL=Nude Freaks League
NFL=Nothing For Losers
NFL=Non-Fierce Lions (Det)
NFL=Nat'l Frog League
Him name is Hopkin Green, where is he?!
airraid81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballfreak449 » Sun May 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Well... well, this is the Fantasy "Football" cafe, hence, "Football", and I'm pretty good with stats and I've always been called a "Freak" with them... and 449 was the first 3 digits of my phone number when I signed up...

Thats the BS story, I really just thought FootballFreak flowed nice.
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Tiki » Sun May 29, 2005 1:54 pm

Well, I had Tiki Barber on my Fantasy football team, and I have always liked him (mainly his name) so I took it. Not too exciting :-/
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Sun May 29, 2005 3:27 pm

"myintrotoletuknow" is the second song on outkast's cd southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. i was stoned at the time and a good bit of the song is about smoking so i picked it. my old name, defianthart, is the name of a song by the hope conspiracy. most of my alias' are song names.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun May 29, 2005 3:33 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:"myintrotoletuknow" is the second song on outkast's cd southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. i was stoned at the time and a good bit of the song is about smoking so i picked it. my old name, defianthart, is the name of a song by the hope conspiracy. most of my alias' are song names.

is that a pic of ja rule as your avatar?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun May 29, 2005 3:49 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
myintrotoletyouknow wrote:"myintrotoletuknow" is the second song on outkast's cd southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. i was stoned at the time and a good bit of the song is about smoking so i picked it. my old name, defianthart, is the name of a song by the hope conspiracy. most of my alias' are song names.

is that a pic of ja rule as your avatar?

I'm pretty sure its not Ja Rule, it looks to me like a pic of Martin Lawrence with an afro.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk