Hunter S. Thompson... R.I.P. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hunter S. Thompson... R.I.P.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:28 am

This is according to IMDB.com:

Hunter S. Thompson's ashes will be fired across his Colorado estate by a cannon, in keeping with his final wishes. The journalist and author committed suicide at his secure compound in Woody Creek on Sunday. He was 67. The Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas author wanted a simple, but bizarre funeral, during which his body is cremated and his ashes blasted across the ranch, according to his lawyer George Tobia Jr. Thompson's friend, journalist Troy Hooper explains, "I believe he wanted to be shot out of a cannon. I understand it's in his will. That's Hunter's style. That's how he would want it. He was a big fan of bonfires and explosions and anything that went bang and I'm sure he'd like to go bang as well."
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vdragon78 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:55 pm

Slingblade wrote:Too bad he ended it in such a cowardly fashion.

In his letters he wrote that he never wants to be lying in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out of him. never wants to be a burden on his friends and family....

the man went how he wanted to go. although i still think a drug overdose would be a lot more appropriate.

rip Hunter. Nobody will ever write like you. (except for that stupid espn thing... but you were old and senile then.... i understand)
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kashikis » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:20 pm

I heard about this yesterday on ESPN.

R.I.P. Hunter :,-(
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chcbb » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:44 pm

vdragon78 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Too bad he ended it in such a cowardly fashion.

In his letters he wrote that he never wants to be lying in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out of him. never wants to be a burden on his friends and family....

the man went how he wanted to go. although i still think a drug overdose would be a lot more appropriate.

rip Hunter. Nobody will ever write like you. (except for that stupid espn thing... but you were old and senile then.... i understand)

agreed. cowardly thompson was not.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 22, 2005 12:57 am

I thought this was worth a bump...

From the IMDB:

Depp To Reprise Role as Hunter S. Thompson

Johnny Depp is set to reprise his acclaimed role as journalist Hunter S. Thompson in the sequel to his 1998 hit Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. The follow-up, called The Rum Diary, is based on Thompson's very first novel, which journals his career and personal escapades in 1950s Puerto Rico. Depp is also acting as executive producer for the film. Thompson shot himself to death at his secure compound in Woody Creek, Colorado, on February 20. 9
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Sun May 22, 2005 1:33 am

even though ive seen fear and loathing half a dozen times and its still a confusing ass movie, i cant wait to see the sequel.

was there any information on when itll start filming/release year or date?
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun May 22, 2005 1:34 am

man....thats just depressing. RIP.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Sun May 22, 2005 10:58 pm

I can't wait for The Rum Diary. I read the book, and it seems like it could be another entertaining role for Depp.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Previous

Return to General Talk