Redskins likely to release Coles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redskins likely to release Coles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: yeah...

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:36 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Wow, that is some big news that could shake up the second tier WR corp. I think he would be a good fit for KC or even SD who really needs a proven WR

we definately need a proven WR more than anyone out there. coles' speed and YAC ability would compliment a big possesion WR like Clarence Moore, Mushin Muhammed, or even Mike Williams (if we were lucky) next year to solve our WR problem.

Clarence Moore... I hate you, RayVins... (only a joke)

Please, stop trying to make this guy sound like the next Randy. He did have some pretty good games last season, but I'm sure we can both agree that the Ravens are in need of a much more capable, and need I say reliable receiver than Moore.

dont be mistaken here, i dont think moore is as good as muhammed HOWEVER, is we dont resign travis taylor and kevin johnson opts out of his contract, moore is a starting WR.

thats all im saying.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:40 pm

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Wow, that is some big news that could shake up the second tier WR corp. I think he would be a good fit for KC or even SD who really needs a proven WR

we definately need a proven WR more than anyone out there. coles' speed and YAC ability would compliment a big possesion WR like Clarence Moore, Mushin Muhammed, or even Mike Williams (if we were lucky) next year to solve our WR problem.

Please, stop trying to make this guy sound like the next Randy. He did have some pretty good games last season, but I'm sure we can both agree that the Ravens are in need of a much more capable, and need I say reliable receiver than Moore.

dont be mistaken here, i dont think moore is as good as muhammed HOWEVER, is we dont resign travis taylor and kevin johnson opts out of his contract, moore is a starting WR.

thats all im saying.

Yeah. On the RAVENS. ;-)

I seriously hope you don't resign Taylor... unless its at veteren minimum, and his job is to coach future first round busts. Freddie Mitchell would be brought in as assistant.

My guess is Troy Williamson, Chris Henry, Roddy White or Mark Clayton will be heading your way late April.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:42 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:

thats all im saying.

Yeah. On the RAVENS. ;-)

I seriously hope you don't resign Taylor... unless its at veteren minimum, and his job is to coach future first round busts. Freddie Mitchell would be brought in as assistant.

My guess is Troy Williamson, Chris Henry, Roddy White or Mark Clayton will be heading your way late April.

those 4 WRs are never coming to the Ravens unless they are deemed the best player overall, because that is the raven's draft strategy. we never draft by position necesity.

i would be happy with williamson in the 2nd and henry in the 3rd though...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:27 pm

damn, the redskins baffle me. Me being a carolina boy I can understand them trying to trade that piece of crap clemson wideout rod gardner, but not getting rid of lavernues coles- he's simply too fast and too good. I don't see how he can be upset with 90 grabs last year... even he should know that brunell is just horrible and screwed up over half the year, and things started to pick up with ramsey back there slinging it..... eh, if he does get released or whatever, I just hope he surfaces somewhere that I like- ravens would be nice or maybe the jets again
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:35 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:8-o

Wow, I had no idea he was unhappy there. I would think that with his injury problems he'd want to get healthy before he took a stance like that.

A WR with 90 receptions and only one touchdown unhappy? Say it ain't so....

Getting the 90 receptions is the tough part. I would guess a healthy Coles would have put a couple more in the endzone. I don't watch the Skins, though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

This is starting to sound like Meshawn from a couple years ago.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:06 pm

This is terrible news for Clinton Portis owners, depending on who is signed to replace Coles and Gardner. If there is no passing game in Washington, defenses will stack the box against Portis.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Horizons » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:19 pm

The Lung wrote:This is terrible news for Clinton Portis owners, depending on who is signed to replace Coles and Gardner. If there is no passing game in Washington, defenses will stack the box against Portis.

Was there a passing game last year? :~(
It's getting harder and harder to consider Portis as my keeper in one of my big $$ leagues even though the options are the likes of JJ, Steven J, Tiki.......
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:56 pm

I predicted a huge season for Coles this past year- top-tier WR material. Obviously I was wrong, but Brunell wasn't exactly stellar as QB, and I'm fairly certain Laveranaeus was dealing with lingering injuries the entire year.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:00 pm

The Skin's aren't going to just release Coles, not without a trade. From what I heard on ESPN this mourning Washington has backed off any agreement to release him. I'm sure they have givin his agent permission to seek a trade though. To just release him would be foolish. Unless they are allready in talks with someone else.....Vikings perhaps????? B-)
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:03 pm

Yeah, any Coles owner can tell you...

You can't worry about taking anything away from Portis, that he didn't have in the first place.

As a Coles owner, I pray he goes somewhere that he can actually be used. He had a decent second half of the season, but by then the damage had already been done.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk