Moss in Dallas? Yarrrrrrrr... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss in Dallas? Yarrrrrrrr...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikehunt » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:28 pm

I just grabbed this off Rotoworld

"NFL Network reports that the Vikings are in serious discussions with two teams about Randy Moss and could deal him before the end of the week.
NFL Net's Adam Shefter expects the deal to happen. Vikings prospective owner Reggie Fowler was quoted saying he'd want to keep Moss, but ''prospective'' is the key word here. The two teams most likely to be talking about Moss are the Jets and Ravens. Neither would help Moss' value. Feb. 21 - 7:11 pm "

Just mor stuff in the grind here

Mike

PS. It is probably posted else where I am slow at this
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:31 pm

mikehunt wrote:I just grabbed this off Rotoworld

"NFL Network reports that the Vikings are in serious discussions with two teams about Randy Moss and could deal him before the end of the week.
NFL Net's Adam Shefter expects the deal to happen. Vikings prospective owner Reggie Fowler was quoted saying he'd want to keep Moss, but ''prospective'' is the key word here. The two teams most likely to be talking about Moss are the Jets and Ravens. Neither would help Moss' value. Feb. 21 - 7:11 pm "

Just mor stuff in the grind here

Mike

PS. It is probably posted else where I am slow at this

that's news to me... but it sounds a little iffy. Speculation, more like. Still... it would be exciting...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Do I smell the Vikes trying to get back for the Herschel Walker debacle? :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby parrothead pirates » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:21 pm

Its doubtful Randy would enjoy that very much. His fantasy value would drop heavily too. I hope he stays in Minnesota.

You can talk all you want about Randy's off-the-field antics and his bizarre behavior between the lines but you can't argue with the results. Do you really think his value takes a big hit if he leaves Minn.? After all, we are talking about the most naturally gifted receiver in the game today.
QB- Big Ben, Matt Ryan
RB-Gore,Grant,Wells,Donald Brown,LJ
WR-Fitz,V Jackson, S Holmes,Dallas Clark,J Maclin
K- Kaeding
TDSP- Philly,Chicago
parrothead pirates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:38 pm

I don't want him in Dallas. If the Patriots have proven anything, it's that "team first" guys win championships, and Moss is about the furthest thing away from a team first guy that you can get.

Then tack on the fact that he will want a huge salary, and losing draft picks and/or players to get him, and it's definitely not worth it.

No way Parcells would trade Nguyen AND two first round picks for Moss. Coakley and the #20 pick would be more likely.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:23 am

parrothead pirates wrote:
Its doubtful Randy would enjoy that very much. His fantasy value would drop heavily too. I hope he stays in Minnesota.

You can talk all you want about Randy's off-the-field antics and his bizarre behavior between the lines but you can't argue with the results. Do you really think his value takes a big hit if he leaves Minn.? After all, we are talking about the most naturally gifted receiver in the game today.

His value would take a hit in Baltimore or with the Jets but I don't think it takes as much of a hit as others do. He's very talented, and unlike just about any other WR, doesn't need a great, accurate QB to be successful, just one that throws it his way. I personally think he'd be very good in Baltimore and would make the Ravens an instant Super Bowl contender.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:51 am

bagobonez wrote:No way Parcells would trade Nguyen AND two first round picks for Moss. Coakley and the #20 pick would be more likely.

Yeah right. If they offer that, Moss definitely won't be in Dallas. Moss really has a very high price, and it would be very hard to make an offer worthy of getting Moss. I can almost guarantee that the team getting Moss will give up two 1st rounders to get him. This is why I think its doubtful he will get traded.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Flux » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:No way Parcells would trade Nguyen AND two first round picks for Moss. Coakley and the #20 pick would be more likely.

Yeah right. If they offer that, Moss definitely won't be in Dallas. Moss really has a very high price, and it would be very hard to make an offer worthy of getting Moss. I can almost guarantee that the team getting Moss will give up two 1st rounders to get him. This is why I think its doubtful he will get traded.

The Chargers have 2 1st rounders, a need for a WR, and cap space. Im not meaning to highjack this thread, just havent heard SD mentioned, even though it could make sense for that to happen. Think if Brees was throwing to Moss, McCardell and Gates w/ LT in the backfield?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:31 pm

Flux wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

The Chargers have 2 1st rounders, a need for a WR, and cap space. Im not meaning to highjack this thread, just havent heard SD mentioned, even though it could make sense for that to happen. Think if Brees was throwing to Moss, McCardell and Gates w/ LT in the backfield?

You've got a point, do you think the Chargers would be willing to part with Donnie Edwards? :-D
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jjdub » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:50 pm

Flux wrote:The Chargers have 2 1st rounders, a need for a WR, and cap space. Im not meaning to highjack this thread, just havent heard SD mentioned, even though it could make sense for that to happen. Think if Brees was throwing to Moss, McCardell and Gates w/ LT in the backfield?

I really don't think this has much of a chance since our GM AJ Smith has made a big point to avoid potential "locker room distractions"... Also in a press conference last week he said that the rumors about the Chargers considering trading for Moss "have no legs"...

Not that I wouldn't love to see a few games with Moss in lightning bolts....
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk