Moss in Dallas? Yarrrrrrrr... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss in Dallas? Yarrrrrrrr...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:51 pm

Say what you will, I would love to see Moss in my team's jersey.
I want football players on my team. I don't care if they're rolemodels or not.

And who says he's not a team guy? None of you are in the locker room. Nobody has any idea what kind of relationship he has with the other players.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't sit here and say you wouldn't want Moss on your team, but then adore Owens. Because when Owens was ranting and raving on the 9ers sideline, and blasting Garcia in the papers, you scorned him. You said the same things about Owens back then, you say about Moss now.

He doesn't get along with the media? So what.
He does drugs? So what. You do too.
He gets into arguments with his coach? So what. You've wanted to deck your boss for the last 3 years.

Get over it people. This is professional football. Not professional outstanding citizen and all around good guy.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:16 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:No way Parcells would trade Nguyen AND two first round picks for Moss. Coakley and the #20 pick would be more likely.

Yeah right. If they offer that, Moss definitely won't be in Dallas. Moss really has a very high price, and it would be very hard to make an offer worthy of getting Moss. I can almost guarantee that the team getting Moss will give up two 1st rounders to get him. This is why I think its doubtful he will get traded.

If I'm not mistaken, the Vikings' asking price for Moss was a defensive starter and a 1st round pick. Coakley and the #20 pick fit the bill.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:00 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:No way Parcells would trade Nguyen AND two first round picks for Moss. Coakley and the #20 pick would be more likely.

Yeah right. If they offer that, Moss definitely won't be in Dallas. Moss really has a very high price, and it would be very hard to make an offer worthy of getting Moss. I can almost guarantee that the team getting Moss will give up two 1st rounders to get him. This is why I think its doubtful he will get traded.

If I'm not mistaken, the Vikings' asking price for Moss was a defensive starter and a 1st round pick. Coakley and the #20 pick fit the bill.

Well, first the wanted a HIGH first round pick. I'm also sure they want a guy that is gonna be in the league for years to come. Coakley has played 8 seasons already, and is 32. I'm sure they want a guy thats under 28.

Now, after saying that, I can now say a deal with the Cowboys WILL not go through. Ngyuen is 30, and that is too old for what we are looking for. Nice rumor, but its not gonna happen.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:03 pm

awwchrist wrote:Say what you will, I would love to see Moss in my team's jersey.
I want football players on my team. I don't care if they're rolemodels or not.

And who says he's not a team guy? None of you are in the locker room. Nobody has any idea what kind of relationship he has with the other players.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't sit here and say you wouldn't want Moss on your team, but then adore Owens. Because when Owens was ranting and raving on the 9ers sideline, and blasting Garcia in the papers, you scorned him. You said the same things about Owens back then, you say about Moss now.

He doesn't get along with the media? So what.
He does drugs? So what. You do too.
He gets into arguments with his coach? So what. You've wanted to deck your boss for the last 3 years.

Get over it people. This is professional football. Not professional outstanding citizen and all around good guy.

So are you saying there is no such thing as a locker room cancer? Don't you think when Moss is yelling at Culpepper on the sidelines and leaving the field before games are over that it creates a negative influence on the team?

Don't get me wrong, Moss is the best WR in the game IMHO, maybe the most talented WR ever, but I just think that there's something to be learned from the way the Patriots built a dynasty in an era where dynasties are supposed to be impossible.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:09 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:

Well, first the wanted a HIGH first round pick. I'm also sure they want a guy that is gonna be in the league for years to come. Coakley has played 8 seasons already, and is 32. I'm sure they want a guy thats under 28.

Now, after saying that, I can now say a deal with the Cowboys WILL not go through. Ngyuen is 30, and that is too old for what we are looking for. Nice rumor, but its not gonna happen.

I hope it doesn't go through. If the Vikings would be willing to accept the #11 pick and either Nguyen or Coakley, I'd rather sit tight at #11 and draft Mike Williams (if he lasts that long). Williams is a good character guy who is very talented and is obviously younger than Moss, plus Dallas would get to keep their linebackers who they could trade to another team for maybe some 4th round pick or something.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:34 pm

actually Bago, Coakley is on the move... at his request. Coakley has already said that at his age and size, he wouldn't be as good in a 3-4 system, which the Boys are likely to switch to. So if they were to trade a LB, Dext would definitely be the one to go.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm

bagobonez wrote:
So are you saying there is no such thing as a locker room cancer? Don't you think when Moss is yelling at Culpepper on the sidelines and leaving the field before games are over that it creates a negative influence on the team?

Don't get me wrong, Moss is the best WR in the game IMHO, maybe the most talented WR ever, but I just think that there's something to be learned from the way the Patriots built a dynasty in an era where dynasties are supposed to be impossible.

If you're asking me can one man's will affect 52 others on a football team? The answer is no. The team always wins.

I've played football with a guy who was just a flat out ornery ass. But he could run. I absolutely hated him. But I'd block like a mofo for him. Because he was good. He was on my team. He was my teammate.

just my 2 cents.

Gimme Moss or any egotistical bastard anyday of the week. As long as he wants to win, then we've all got the same goal.

Unlike life, football isn't about the trip, it's about the destination.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk