Titans make Cuts. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans make Cuts.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Lol. That was a little unexpected (though not really). This puts Mason in such an awesome position. This makes guys like Muhammad not such as highly sought out offseason prospects now.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:35 pm

The free agent wideout core this year is pretty solid. Hmm my guess for Mason is that he winds up in San Diego. But id love to see him here in KC.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:38 pm

It looks like Tennessee is in its rebuilding stage, with McNair entertaining the possibility of leaving, and these several cuts, the Titans arent looking in the best shape. Where is King Titan now? :-b

Mason certainly is an underrated receiver, wherever he goes he has the talent to put up big-time numbers. Looking to shine in his absense will be Tyrone Calico. I was pushing him as a sleeper last year, but now that he is injury-free and likely a starter Calico will make a great sleeper. Him and possibly Troupe as well could become prime redzone targets.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:56 am

ljthockey wrote:The free agent wideout core this year is pretty solid. Hmm my guess for Mason is that he winds up in San Diego. But id love to see him here in KC.

Can KC afford to purchase a WR? I'm not sure how much cap room they have, but given how the Colts offense, offense, and no defense has failed them continually, I'd think a wise move by KC would be to put every resource they can towards getting a serviceable defense out their.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Recidivist » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:26 am

I think the Eagles should take a long, serious look at Mason. He's not THAT old (31 as of January 17th), and would give McNabb a wonderful compliment to TO.
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:33 am

shocking, yet expected. Titans, as I said before, are definitely in the slash-and-burn phase.

Dallas FA should be exciting...

I'd love Carter, Mason and Rolle to all go to Big D. Won't happen, but a guy can dream...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Evolution » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:52 am

Suddenly, a so-so FA widout year looks pretty deep:

Muhammad (likely)
Porter
Coles (likely)
Burress
Mason

Of course, there's always Moss on the market (once they get that owner out of the picture).

I see Baltimore and Philly getting one of those guys each for sure. The rest, I'm not too sure about.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:20 am

Hey guys, Do not forget about the Raiders. They are notorious for paying for certain players that other teams are not will to. Especially older players.

If any FAs are more interested in $$$$ than winning. The Raiders are probably willing to speak to them. FAgents with $$ on their mind will be targeting the Raiders.

If i were a FA wr, i would be looking at Philly, Baltimore, and maybe Atlanta. Teams with higher chances of winning and protecting their QB. But this is more about money than winning. Agents control most of these situations and they are in a money driven business. 10% of a Super Bowl victory or regular season win is $0.

Let me make a slight adjustment to that statement. Playoff bonuses equal $$$.

But regular season wins do not. And that is more to my point.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shader » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:53 am

The Titans lost 3 players that hurt. And one of them, Kevin Carter, might re-sign. They just had to clear his salary off the books for 06.

Mason is on the downside of his career.

The loss of Samari Rolle will hurt quite a bit. However, losing 3 guys doesn't make Tennessee the worst team in the league. All depends on the play of McNair. If he stays healthy, they'll win 8 games.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 am

cooleyhigh wrote:C'mon Jerry Jones, buy us some talent!!! Rolle and Carter would be welcome additions.

I would also like to see Holcombe in NO, giving Duece the lead blocker he needs ;-D

This was my thinking exactly.If this happens,combined with the new OC,Deuce breaks back into the top 5,maybe as high as 3 next year.Now comes the homerism.There are a few players on that list the Bears could use to make them drastically better.Nedney,Rolle,and Mason.Will they even look at these guys?Probably not.But they sure could use any or all of them(not feasible to get all,I know).
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk