Titans make Cuts. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans make Cuts.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:23 am

Who else thinks Minny and Jets get in a bidding war over Nedney?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:58 am

Evolution wrote:Suddenly, a so-so FA widout year looks pretty deep:

Muhammad (likely)
Porter
Coles (likely)
Burress
Mason

Of course, there's always Moss on the market (once they get that owner out of the picture).

I see Baltimore and Philly getting one of those guys each for sure. The rest, I'm not too sure about.

I see the Jets getting one of these guys as well. Hopefully Plax, but I'd take any of the others as well.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:36 pm

i think they will. it helps immensily that coles was cut too. The market will start to get skewed a bit.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:06 pm

Shader wrote:The Titans lost 3 players that hurt. And one of them, Kevin Carter, might re-sign. They just had to clear his salary off the books for 06.

Mason is on the downside of his career.

The loss of Samari Rolle will hurt quite a bit. However, losing 3 guys doesn't make Tennessee the worst team in the league. All depends on the play of McNair. If he stays healthy, they'll win 8 games.

The past 4 years have been the best of Masons career w/ arguably the last 2 being his best. Back to back years w/ 95 and 96 receptions respectfully and over 1300 and 1100 yards doesnt sound like hes on the downside yet
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:52 pm

i love mason. the guy has always impressed me. great hands and speed...and can return kicks. ill be following this one closely for sure.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:10 pm

This is great... One of my best friends is a die hard Titans fan and he came into school today wearing his Mason jersey, which he only bought a few months ago. He was the butt of jokes all day.
:-D

Signing Holcombe would be great for the Saints, but maybe a bit on the expensive side. Doesn't bother me though, I'd love to see our money spent that way. And Mason is still only 30...yes he's aging but not enough to put a dent in his numbers yet. He's not out of his prime yet, and it will be fun seeing who goes after him, and how. And along with the wide receivers on free agency, I've also noticed there's a ton of kickers available as well...
:-?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:01 pm

Flux wrote:
Shader wrote:The Titans lost 3 players that hurt. And one of them, Kevin Carter, might re-sign. They just had to clear his salary off the books for 06.

Mason is on the downside of his career.

The loss of Samari Rolle will hurt quite a bit. However, losing 3 guys doesn't make Tennessee the worst team in the league. All depends on the play of McNair. If he stays healthy, they'll win 8 games.

The past 4 years have been the best of Masons career w/ arguably the last 2 being his best. Back to back years w/ 95 and 96 receptions respectfully and over 1300 and 1100 yards doesnt sound like hes on the downside yet
Completely agree Flux. Whoever is lucky enough to land him is going to end up with someone who's pretty much in his prime.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyTitan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:17 pm

Shader wrote:Mason is on the downside of his career.

Sorry Shader, Mason is in his prime. But his loss doesn't hurt as much as Rolle. With Dyson leaving for FA, the secondary will most likely be hurting. That is unless the line can generate a pass rush with all the young talent drafted there last year.

The upside from a fantasy perspective could be a few shoot outs. Or they could return to Fisher-style ball if Brown can take the beating.

Alot of questions there this year, but they will not be at the bottom of the barrel. All those young players that got experience last year with all the injuries will be better. Plus healthy vets returning will help as well.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:32 pm

I am crazy interested where Samari Rolle ends up. He would be a HUGE help for the Vikes, but they will probably be too cheap to get him even though they have tons of room.

Imagine if Rolle and Ty Law are FA, what a cb core for the Free Agents
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk