Diem signed long term... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Diem signed long term...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Diem signed long term...

Postby RayVins » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:59 pm

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 21, 2005) -- The Indianapolis Colts signed right tackle Ryan Diem to a seven-year contract, another step in keeping their high-scoring offense together for one more season.


bummer... i was hoping he would hit the FA market, a possible replacement for zeus.

now with this contract IND is going to have exactly $3.86 to resign their entire defensive staff... good luck.
Image
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
Image
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1603
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pimpin' Purple Est. 1996

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:50 am

Poor decision on the part of the Colts, they could find somebody to replace Diem, does everybody in the world know but the Colts staff that their offense is not the problem, its their defense.
Image

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 522
Joined: 5 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:52 am

Diem stays, meaning DeMulling more than likely is gone. Its going to be a deep market for Guards this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Evolution » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:55 am

maddog60 wrote:Diem stays, meaning DeMulling more than likely is gone. Its going to be a deep market for Guards this year.


Likely the thinking. Tackles will be overpaid for this off-season, so keeping Diem, as weird as it sounds, was probably a good decision by the Colts.
Image
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 3896
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Diem signed long term...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:36 am

RayVins wrote:
INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 21, 2005) -- The Indianapolis Colts signed right tackle Ryan Diem to a seven-year contract, another step in keeping their high-scoring offense together for one more season.


bummer... i was hoping he would hit the FA market, a possible replacement for zeus.

now with this contract IND is going to have exactly $3.86 to resign their entire defensive staff... good luck.


Be fair... the Colts have an entire $11.76 to give to the Colts defense. The entire sum is being given to Dwight Freeney in the form of a signing bonus. But luckly, the Colts have decided to keep on the rest of their "defense" by paying them in Denny's Grand Slam coupons.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Re: Diem signed long term...

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:24 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:But luckly, the Colts have decided to keep on the rest of their "defense" by paying them in Denny's Grand Slam coupons.


They overpaid.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:05 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact