Porter Re-Signs with Raiders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Porter Re-Signs with Raiders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:05 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Horizons wrote:This might be slightly off topic, but will Porter and Curry ever be able to live up to their true potential with Collins at the helm or will the '05 season just bring more "flashes of brilliance"?

Actually, I think Collins did pretty well last season considering they had no semblance of a running game. It took a little time, but as soon as Collins became a little comfortable, the passing game really started rolling and should pick up in 2005, especially if they can land a decent RB to take some pressure off. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but Curry starting really coming on before he got hurt and we all know Porter is very talented, so I'm convinced they're more than a "flash of brilliance" as you put it.

Actually, you're right Mr. Duran. That is exactly what happened. Nice Description. As soon as Collins got a grasp of the offense the passing game really came into it's own. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but i'm positive that the raiders were a top ten passing team in the second half of the season. Probably top five even but again, I would have to look that up. With a running game they should do even better as all the young receivers become more polished. Great signing for the raiders.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:28 pm

Now I hope they sign LaMont Jordan so I look like a genius in an early draft league.............
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:38 pm

oh jerry porter, what happened? I vividly remember a piece on espn a couple weeks back that said jerry porter had turned down an offer from the raiders (5 years- 30 million i think) and was going to opt for free agency instead......... eh, i guess they're not always right.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:41 pm

another one bites the dust. like mentioned earlier, so many of the guys i thought would be moving are finding ways to stay put.

one less guy for baltimore.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:43 pm

A little surprised he stayed. Porter, Curry and Gabriel should be a potent trio with Collins for awhile. Just a quick add-on, not trying to hijack, but that pretty much means Oakland is out of the picture for Moss.... pretty much.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:46 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:A little surprised he stayed. Porter, Curry and Gabriel should be a potent trio with Collins for awhile. Just a quick add-on, not trying to hijack, but that pretty much means Oakland is out of the picture for Moss.... pretty much.

the more time that goes by, the less and less i believe moss will go anywhere. id be willing to wager he stay on the viks.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:35 pm

Horizons wrote:This might be slightly off topic, but will Porter and Curry ever be able to live up to their true potential with Collins at the helm

In short: no
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelyeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:another one bites the dust. like mentioned earlier, so many of the guys i thought would be moving are finding ways to stay put.

I think baltimore needs a real QB before they go Wide Receiver huntin'.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:48 pm

steelyeri wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:another one bites the dust. like mentioned earlier, so many of the guys i thought would be moving are finding ways to stay put.

they need both. but id put money on the ravens landing one of the top FA recievers.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:27 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
steelyeri wrote:

they need both. but id put money on the ravens landing one of the top FA recievers.

You tellin me a guy like Moss who doesn't need an accurate QB wouldn't help Boller out big time? Just sayin...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk