Chiefs Release DE Holiday... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chiefs Release DE Holiday...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:24 pm

Unbelievable! Get rid of your best player on defense, what a brilliant strategy.

Here's the Chiefs 2005 schedule:

Home: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Cincinnati

Away: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Houston.

Mark these games, people. If you need a bye week fill-in, you want the QB, RB, WR, or TE of the teams playing against the Chiefs. If you're in a pinch, look no further!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:48 pm

Well not to stick up for the chiefs which I am probally blinded by homerism but Vonnie wasnt the impact defensive player the Chiefs were looking for.

And those who were saying that Vonnie is the best on there defensive squad is definalty wrong id give that to Jerome Woods. But yeah Holliday wasnt doing much for the Chiefs anyway so this is just clearing some cap space.

Dont get me wrong id like to keep Holliday but you guys are making him sound alot better than hes been recently.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Nah, Holliday was no star, but I'm just ripping on them for not having anybody on the field who tackles.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ydub » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:57 am

I don't blame you guys for not paying attention, but Holliday was a bum. There's no way in hell this bozo was worth a $3 million dollar bonus in the coming weeks. He was extremely unproductive and was a reserve the second half of the 2004 season. The FO finally made the right move and cut this joker so we could make some quality moves this offseason. No-brainer decision...good job Carl Peterson.
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:58 am

Yeah, I definitely figured he had to be cut due to salary cap, and he wasn't playing the he needed to be for that kind of cash...

The problem is that he is a good player and can be a force to be reckoned with.

The Chiefs have a long way to go to build that defense up, and losing Holliday I just thought from a player's abilities standpoint is a tough thing to do. But I understand the management side if he is not producing maybe cut him.

Who knows maybe they get Wiley in there, and he lives up to some of the potential he didn't seem to display in Dallas.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:44 am

The Lung wrote:Unbelievable! Get rid of your best player on defense, what a brilliant strategy.

Here's the Chiefs 2005 schedule:

Home: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Washington, Cincinnati

Away: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Houston.

Mark these games, people. If you need a bye week fill-in, you want the QB, RB, WR, or TE of the teams playing against the Chiefs. If you're in a pinch, look no further!

This has been a given for the last few years anyway,but you also want Chiefs(offensive) players being that every single game,no matter if it's an NFL Super Bowl Champ or a high school squad,is going to be a major shootout.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Come on everyone. Why would you pay next years back up that much money? He lost or was going to lose the starting DE spot to second year DE Jared Allen.

It was a good move. Take the money apply it to LB's and secondary help or even a TOP end pass rusher.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:02 pm

I think I saw they saved $6mil against the cap by cutting him? Then it is a great move. I didn't know he counted so much against it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk