Bledsoe Officially a Cowboy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe Officially a Cowboy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 pm

Well, Bledsoe should get the starting gig now, and Henson can wait and (maybe) develop.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:00 pm

steelyeri wrote:I don't think that report is accurate. I think that no one could be signed from another team until free agency begins on March 2nd. Whoever wrote that is messin' with people's heads.

I don't see how you could sign a player outside of free agency either.

However Dallas is on a very, very short list of teams with interest. I think he could work out there. Parcells knows his limitations, which are similiar to Vinny's and he would worked out fairly. This might buy Henson another year or two as it has become painfully obvious he is not ready :-[ If Bledsoe is signed he better come cheap.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:30 pm

It's funny how a quarterback can lower the fantasy value of a player at one team and raise the value of a player at another, especially at RB.

At Buffalo, I contended that having the statuesque Bledsoe at QB lowered McGahee's value. Now that Bledsoe has been cut, Losman can't be any worse than Bledsoe was. Losman has a lot of potential, and could end up developing a real chemistry with his receivers, especially Evans. Defenses will have to respect the pass and that will open up the run.

However, in Dallas, I think Bledsoe raises Julius Jones' value. From what I've seen, Drew Henson is not the answer in Dallas, and it's sad to say, but I think that Bledsoe is an improvement on Testaverde. I won't say that this raises Keyshawn's or Witten's value, but I think it's good for Julius Jones. Defenses will have to respect the pass and that will open up the run.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:45 pm

Totally agree...he can't be any worse than Vinny. As long as Bledsoe gets some protection, I think he can do OK. Their WR group will be back next year and could do some damage, and that will help Jones as well.

Parcells is obviously very comfortable with Drew B. and not Drew H. !+)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm

Nothing on NFL.com or the Cowboys website.. That report has to be whack.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:00 pm

ESPN reports that Bledsoe has already even been named the starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1997592
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:01 pm

Parcells is just digging the cowboys deeper and deeper into mediocrity. There are more important things than making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the first round, which is basically the pinicale of the cowboys chances next year. Parcells wants nothing to do with rebuilding, thats obvious, so henson and cowboys fans will have to deal with it.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:20 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:Parcells is just digging the cowboys deeper and deeper into mediocrity. There are more important things than making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the first round, which is basically the pinicale of the cowboys chances next year. Parcells wants nothing to do with rebuilding, thats obvious, so henson and cowboys fans will have to deal with it.

Actually I don't think that Bledsoe will kill youthful efforts as long as they build in other areas. QB is just a position that he particularly likes QBs. The last time he went with a young QB was, well, Bledsoe. At least Bledoe takes sacks instead of throwing INTs like Vinny. That's a step up.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:32 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:Parcells is just digging the cowboys deeper and deeper into mediocrity. There are more important things than making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the first round, which is basically the pinicale of the cowboys chances next year. Parcells wants nothing to do with rebuilding, thats obvious, so henson and cowboys fans will have to deal with it.

Actually I don't think that Bledsoe will kill youthful efforts as long as they build in other areas. QB is just a position that he particularly likes QBs. The last time he went with a young QB was, well, Bledsoe. At least Bledoe takes sacks instead of throwing INTs like Vinny. That's a step up.

A step up over vinny testerverde, now thats somthing to be proud of. A developed drew henson should be the ultimate goal. I think parcells just wants one more taste of the playoffs before his retirement.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:34 pm

I think Bledsoe has to be the starter. Henson needs more training. He looked bad in that one/half of a game.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk