What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:18 am

josebach wrote:
Homeless wrote:American Pie Band Camp

Its so bad, all I can say is, what a shame. 2/10

Four Brothers:

This has to be one of the crappiest storylines to EVER be made into a movie. Absolute crap!

"They put a contract out on mom" LOL I about pissed myself laughing.

1/10

I'm really glad somebody else agreed with me about Four Brothers. The user rankings on Yahoo gave this a B+. 8-o At least now I know I'm not taking crazy pills.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on Band Camp. I was thinking about checking it out, but now I won't bother.

joesbach, American Pie Band camp is ok if all you want to do is see boobs. Sadly though if youre expecting to have side splitting laughter its going to bore the heck out of you.

Im going to have to watch for your movie ratings since we feel the same about Four Brothers. ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby mikus » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:31 pm

I watched Coach Carter last night ... great film, I recommend it to any sports fan. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Nilmerf wrote:Not to worry, I have seen some classics lately.

The Magnificent Seven: This is a transposed version of a Kurosawa samurai movie in a western setting. You take Eli Wallach, Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, James Coburn, and Charles Bronson and put them in a great plot and add memorable theme music. I approve. James Coburn is the one who steals the show for me. The best scene in the movie is when he proves the old saying wrong by taking a knife to a gun fight and winning. Why the movie fails to live up to Kurosawa's is because Toshiro Mifune is vastly superior to the German actor who played his part in this one.
9/10

I haven't seen this movie before, but I'm definitely checkin' it out. Sounds fantabulous.

Let's see...

Lord of War was an "eh" kind of movie. I dig narration and voice overs (ala Fight Club and the like), so I dug that. Otherwise... there really wasn't much of anything that interested me.

Transporter 2 wasn't very good. There was some cool action stuff... like the original... but I actually dug the original. This one... no.

Beyond the Mat was pretty interesting. It's a documentary on 'professional' wrestlers... people like Mick Foley and The Rock from WWF, Jake the Snake, Terry Funk from ECW, and some independent dudes.

Red Eye was predictable... but it was a decent predictable movie. Plus, you've got the Rachel McAdams factor. I'm totally with ya on that one, josebach... haven't been forced into watching The Notebook yet though. Wouldn't mind seeing Mean Girls.

Hustle & Flow was surpisingly decent. I dug it.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a damn good show.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Watched The Island last night.
Meh.
6/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:35 pm

Kate Beckinsale is too hot for this world.

/all I got.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CHE » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:11 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Transporter 2 wasn't very good. There was some cool action stuff... like the original... but I actually dug the original. This one... no.

Just saw that movie, and it was way too corny for me..
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:21 pm

CHE wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

Just saw that movie, and it was way too corny for me..
The part where the chick was swinging around was pretty crazy.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Charlie24 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:25 pm

I watched Wedding Crashers last night for like the 12th time since the spring semester began :-b definitely a 10/10 IMO

Underworld: Evolution is definitely worth watching just to see one of the HOTTEST women alive - Kate Beckinsale
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:55 am

I saw King Kong. I thought it was visually amazing. The plot was surprisingly entertaining. yeah bringing the monkey to ny is the basic plot but getting to that point was very cool. Down side is it takes to damn long to get to the island. The natives were way scary. And the dinosaur scenes very very cool. I'd say 8/10 i'd bump it up a little if it weren't so freaking long.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:24 am

Canacuna wrote:Red Eye was predictable... but it was a decent predictable movie. Plus, you've got the Rachel McAdams factor. I'm totally with ya on that one, josebach... haven't been forced into watching The Notebook yet though. Wouldn't mind seeing Mean Girls.

She was awesome in both "Mean Girls" and "The Notebook" (especially "The Notebook"). She's probably the only actress out right now that I'll watch any movie that she's in, just because she's in it. I used to feel that way about Kate Beckinsale,... until I saw "Van Helsing" :-P .

I just saw "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" yesterday for the second time. Why did I see it twice you ask? Because the first time I saw it was before I read any of the books. I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and read the books, so this past Christmas I got the first 5 books. I'm now almost finished with the fifth one. I can finally understand what all of the fuss is about. They're REALLY good!!!

Before I read the books I'd rate the movie 7.5/10
after reading the books and understanding the story better... 8.5/10

As is usually the case, the book was definitley better than the movie.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk