What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:29 am

josebach wrote:
Canacuna wrote:Red Eye was predictable... but it was a decent predictable movie. Plus, you've got the Rachel McAdams factor. I'm totally with ya on that one, josebach... haven't been forced into watching The Notebook yet though. Wouldn't mind seeing Mean Girls.

She was awesome in both "Mean Girls" and "The Notebook" (especially "The Notebook"). She's probably the only actress out right now that I'll watch any movie that she's in, just because she's in it. I used to feel that way about Kate Beckinsale,... until I saw "Van Helsing" :-P

When I feel that way about an actress, she'll make something terrible and prove me wrong.

Kate Beckinsale: Pearl Harbor or Van Helsing
Keira Knightley: Pride and Prejudice
Jessica Alba: Fantastic Four

I assume P&P is a good movie, but I still refuse to see it.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:48 am

I just saw Million Dollar Baby over the weekend. It was a great movie until she got hurt. The movie was cheesy, stupid and predictable from that moment on. Up until then it was pretty good. I really liked Morgan Freeman's narration - good thing they stole that from The Shawshank Redemption. As soon as he started in I looked to my wife and said, "Is that Red?"

I'd give MDB 6/10. They ruined a good boxing movie.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Underworld: Evolution

Kate is still my favorite ;-D 10 out of 10 ;-D ;-D
I just love how the leather grips her legs. I think I might have to throw her into the Hottest Chick thread again after seeing this movie ;-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:05 pm

Anyone planning to see the new, "When a Stranger Calls"? I thought the original was good, not great. Thinking this one will probably flop.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:19 pm

knapplc wrote:I just saw Million Dollar Baby over the weekend. It was a great movie until she got hurt. The movie was cheesy, stupid and predictable from that moment on. Up until then it was pretty good. I really liked Morgan Freeman's narration - good thing they stole that from The Shawshank Redemption. As soon as he started in I looked to my wife and said, "Is that Red?"

That movie was the biggest bait and switch ive ever seen in my life. Starts off about a chick boxing and then halfway through turns into Terms of Endearment !!! (You know Debra Winger)

AArrghhh so annoying.

I hated it.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:43 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Funny and Hugh Grant should never be used in the same sentence, paragraph, document.

RW and I don't agree on much, but on important stuff like this, we are in complete agreement.

"I haven't seen an Engilshman take a blow like that since Hugh Grant." (Southpark, Season 1)

i was home sick one day with a 102 degree fever and watched Mickey Blue Eyes and found it mildly entertaining, but i think that may have been due to the fever and cold medicine
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:45 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Funny and Hugh Grant should never be used in the same sentence, paragraph, document.

RW and I don't agree on much, but on important stuff like this, we are in complete agreement.

"I haven't seen an Engilshman take a blow like that since Hugh Grant." (Southpark, Season 1)

i was home sick one day with a 102 degree fever and watched Mickey Blue Eyes and found it mildly entertaining, but i think that may have been due to the fever and cold medicine

Mickey Blue Eyes was a horrible movie. I like Hugh Grant and I couldn't stand that one. It must have been the cold medicine. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:29 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Mickey Blue Eyes was a horrible movie. I like Hugh Grant and I couldn't stand that one. It must have been the cold medicine. ;-)

Maybe my house has a carbon monoxide leak, but I really like Mickey Blue Eyes. Actually I own it. Just dont tell anybody.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:42 pm

Homeless wrote:
knapplc wrote:I just saw Million Dollar Baby over the weekend. It was a great movie until she got hurt. The movie was cheesy, stupid and predictable from that moment on. Up until then it was pretty good. I really liked Morgan Freeman's narration - good thing they stole that from The Shawshank Redemption. As soon as he started in I looked to my wife and said, "Is that Red?"

That movie was the biggest bait and switch ive ever seen in my life. Starts off about a chick boxing and then halfway through turns into Terms of Endearment !!! (You know Debra Winger)

AArrghhh so annoying.

I hated it.

I just stick to watchin' the first half. The first half is awesome. But when the second half comes... y'know, the part that isn't as good as the first half... yeah, THAT half... I go do something else.

bklik wrote:Maybe my house has a carbon monoxide leak, but I really like Mickey Blue Eyes. Actually I own it. Just dont tell anybody.

I just made a Bulletin on MySpace letting the secret out. Soon the world will know.

Anyway, after watchin' the 'Hawks and Sonics kick ass last night, I switched over to Insomnia on like... AMC or Bravo or something. Good show.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Mulholland Drive: Okay, the story was going along nicely and it was a cool plot. And then all of a sudden "the scene" happened. Out of NOWHERE. It was like the director was reading my mind. I said holy s--- out loud at least 5 times.

And then after that the director stopped reading my mind, and read the mind of a deranged lunatic so the rest of the movie was completely messed up. I read an explanation of it online, but now that I understand it doesn't mean that it's good.

7/10
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk