What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:20 pm

I saw Kingdom of Heaven on Saturday night. It was a decent movie, but I felt like they tried to fit too many things into the movie, and they didn't really transition into different events too well. The action was good, but the big battle reminded me too much of the Battle of Helms Deep in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

I'd say 7.5/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:25 pm

onnestabe wrote:I saw The Matador Saturday. I thought it was very funny - kinda dark since it is about an aging assassin (AKA, facilitator of fatalities). I thought that Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear were both very good in their characters, and the plot, while predictable at times, still had enough twists and turns to make it interesting.

I would recommend it to people who like dark comedies, but perhaps not to the general population.

7/10 ;-D

Yea, i wasnt very happy after watching it.....seemed to unreal or maybe it was the acting....i dunno but i wasnt feelin the movie at all....4 or 5 out of 10
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Homeless » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:25 am

Battleground (2004)

Its a documentary.

All I can say is, if you have any genuine interest in whats taking place in Iraq from both perspectives, you MUST see this documentary.

Dont watch it expecting to see battle scenes, the title doesnt do the subject matter justice. Its an amazing glimpse into the hearts and minds of the US forces and Iraqi people.

Highly recommended!!

9.5/10
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The_Dude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Just saw Capote...

Honestly, no 10/10 films this year, but this is my favorite of the Oscar nominated films (the only one left to see is Munich which I'm going to see tomorrow). They're all good films, but this one was just easy to watch. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's performance is just amazing - he becomes this very weird character - and will undoubtedly complete the awards sweep and take home the Oscar for best actor.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:26 pm

Saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other night....saw robert downey jr was in it and figured it would be brick to throw into a window after watching it.....but i actually loved it. Also had Val Kilmer and a hot chick in it....It is about a guy who is accidently givin a shot to play a big role in a movie and he comes along a lot of weird mysteries and people from his past. I could even call this movie a comedy it was funny at certain parts.....very hard to pull a good murder suspect movie and comedy off at the same time but this movie did it for me.

Alka-Meter:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.5 out of 10
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?

This movie is on the discovery channel now, if anyone cares.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:24 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?

thanks for the heads up. i was curious, and i'm bored now. might as well watch some weirdo get off on bears.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:24 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:

Cool..good heads up Payne! Now I can watch some of the weirder parts again!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:28 pm

Flight Plan

Has to be one of the weakest storylines i've ever seen.

Really really disappointed that Foster would take that role.

4/10 :-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:47 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:

Cool..good heads up Payne! Now I can watch some of the weirder parts again!

It was ok, had some beautiful shots of Alaska. The "Animals Rule" speech 11 out of 10, quite the classic. Being the pessimist that I am I found this, nice little rebuttal.

I'd give it a 7.5 probably a 8-8.5 if DC didn't play a commerical every five minutes. The reunion they had at the end helped but they had 40 minutes of ads for a movie that played for just over a 100 minutes.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk