What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:50 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?

This movie is on the discovery channel now, if anyone cares.

Cool..good heads up Payne! Now I can watch some of the weirder parts again!

It was ok, had some beautiful shots of Alaska. The "Animals Rule" speech 11 out of 10, quite the classic. Being the pessimist that I am I found this, nice little rebuttal.

I'd give it a 7.5 probably a 8-8.5 if DC didn't play a commerical every five minutes. The reunion they had at the end helped but they had 40 minutes of ads for a movie that played for just over a 100 minutes.

i liked when the fox stole his hat. what was so damned important about that hat anyway? I started watching the simpson's after that part...so i didn't see the significance.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:12 am

Homeless wrote:Flight Plan

Has to be one of the weakest storylines i've ever seen.

Really really disappointed that Foster would take that role.

4/10 :-t

Yeah, it was pretty generic. I'm not a big Jodie Foster fan, but I am a fan of her movies. I've seen a lot of 4/10 movies, and I don't agree it was THAT bad, but it wasn't that good either. It was worth watching once, I thought.

7.5/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:20 am

josebach wrote:
Homeless wrote:Flight Plan

Has to be one of the weakest storylines i've ever seen.

Really really disappointed that Foster would take that role.

4/10 :-t

Yeah, it was pretty generic. I'm not a big Jodie Foster fan, but I am a fan of her movies. I've seen a lot of 4/10 movies, and I don't agree it was THAT bad, but it wasn't that good either. It was worth watching once, I thought.

7.5/10

Yeah but the slider on my scale rarely goes to 10/10 and often ends up at 2/10 so its all relative :-b I almost gave it a 5 but I wrote the review right after watching the movie and was still upset aboout how bad the storyline was.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The_Captain » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 am

Saw Red Eye the other night. Predictable plot and outcome but Rachel McAdams was good as was Cillian Murphy.

6/10.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 am

We watched Ocean's 12 last night. It was a decent movie - a worthy way to spend two hours of my evening. I really like heist movies - The Ocean's movies, The Italian Job (the new one), Sneakers, The Score, Entrapment (average story but I like Connery and Zeta-Jones) and of course Heat.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:17 pm

T'was a Netflix night last night...

Saw The Constant Gardener - was a good thriller/I-hate-pharmaceuticals/Africa is a disaster kind of film that didn't cop out on its ending. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. I liked the way the film was shot and edited as well. Although, I'm a little puzzled why Rachel Weisz is winning all the supporting-actress awards. Don't get me wrong, she was very good, but she wasn't in the film all that much and her character was nothing special - just a solid job. Must be a weak year in the supporting actress category if she's been sweeping the awards so far.

Also saw March of the Penguins - cute, short documentary film - wonderful visuals and superb narration by Morgan Freeman (really made the film).

I also caught the last 30 minutes of Grizzly Man on the Discovery Channel. There's something wrong with that guy.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby awwchrist » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:18 pm

40 yr old virgin.

Meh. 6?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:24 pm

The_Dude wrote:
I also caught the last 30 minutes of Grizzly Man on the Discovery Channel. There's something wrong with that guy.

You mean there WAS something wrong with him. He got attacked and killed by one of those cute bears. :-o
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby louisianacajunsam » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:48 pm

meh? anyone with a sense of humor would think 40 year old virgin was funny
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UTLonghorns » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Just saw the new movie. When a stranger calls.

I thought it was great!

9/10

Its pretty freaky though. I loved it cause my girlfriend got so scared she had to sit in my lap :-b
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk