What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:02 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:meh? anyone with a sense of humor would think 40 year old virgin was funny

that movie was totally overrated. just dropping F bombs at a ridiculous rate does not make a movie funny.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Homeless » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:08 pm

moonhead wrote:
louisianacajunsam wrote:meh? anyone with a sense of humor would think 40 year old virgin was funny

that movie was totally overrated. just dropping F bombs at a ridiculous rate does not make a movie funny.

I watched that movie with my dad (parents were visiting us) he normally isnt big on comedies and its somewhat of a grouch, he couldnt stop laughing at it and declared it to be "one of the best movies I have ever seen"

It was ok by my standards but I was very surprised at how my dad reacted. It must just tickle certain people the right way.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:46 pm

knapplc wrote:We watched Ocean's 12 last night. It was a decent movie - a worthy way to spend two hours of my evening. I really like heist movies - The Ocean's movies, The Italian Job (the new one), Sneakers, The Score, Entrapment (average story but I like Connery and Zeta-Jones) and of course Heat.

Wierd, cuz I saw Ocean's 12 last night too... I think 11 is better than 12 though. But it was still pretty good. 7.5/10 The part where the dude moves around the lazers is insane
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:16 pm

King Kong .... 5/10 (corny as can be, although the t-rex scenes were awesome)

The Great Raid ... 7/10 (just didn't quite have the emotion I thought it would, but a pretty good movie still)

Sahara ... 6/10 (not bad... decent action, decent comedy, somewhat unique plot)

Dark Water ... 7/10 (i love a good horror movie, unfortunately good ones are few and far between. I did like this movie though. It's more of a psychological type of horror than a BOO! type)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:38 pm

Last night I watched "Grizzly Man" ...
It was interesting to me. I have no experience with Grizzlies, but have been around a lot of Black Bears.
I applaud this guys expertise, even though he comes off kinda weird. He lasted 13 years hanging out at the top of the food chain. Gotta give him credit for that.
The movie left me thinking he should have picked something other than Ursus arctos to hang around with.
I have seen similar movies about the people who hang out with gorillas. I would like to see a movie about someone who really gets along with some mooses. I'm wondering if maybe this guy shoulda chosen mooses ... or monkeys.
Anyway, it's not like he didn't know what he was getting in to.
7/10
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:41 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
knapplc wrote:We watched Ocean's 12 last night. It was a decent movie - a worthy way to spend two hours of my evening. I really like heist movies - The Ocean's movies, The Italian Job (the new one), Sneakers, The Score, Entrapment (average story but I like Connery and Zeta-Jones) and of course Heat.

Wierd, cuz I saw Ocean's 12 last night too... I think 11 is better than 12 though. But it was still pretty good. 7.5/10 The part where the dude moves around the lazers is insane

Exactly my thoughts, "The A La Menthe" (song they play when he is going through the lazers) is the best techno song ever.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:47 pm

I saw Kung Fu Hustle last night and I liked it alot. Pretty funny, and has some pretty cool, way out there, kung fu type stuff. I would definately recommend it.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:18 pm

It was alright. I gave it a 6.

If it wasn't funny, I woulda said it wasn't funny.

I expected better. Thus, the "meh".
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:47 pm

awwchrist wrote:

It was alright. I gave it a 6.

If it wasn't funny, I woulda said it wasn't funny.

I expected better. Thus, the "meh".

I have to agree here. I love Carroll but this movie just didnt do it for me. The funny parts were Very funny, but in between got pretty boring.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:28 am

I watched American History X again b/c I haven't seen it in years. All I can say about this film is the word powerful. There needs to be more movies like this nowadays. Edward Norton is simply an amazing actor.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk