What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:47 am

I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose... it was alright, I 'spose.

One of my buddies has been telling me the last few years that I had to check out The Game, so I finally did. He said it was pretty crazy... lot's of twists and the like... but... I dunno, the set-up kind of made the whole thing a let-down to me. It was entertaining, but was disappointing considering all the hype my buddy put into the thing.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 am

Canacuna wrote:I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose... it was alright, I 'spose.

One of my buddies has been telling me the last few years that I had to check out The Game, so I finally did. He said it was pretty crazy... lot's of twists and the like... but... I dunno, the set-up kind of made the whole thing a let-down to me. It was entertaining, but was disappointing considering all the hype my buddy put into the thing.


This is the type of movie you have to watch with a clean slate. I watched this when it first came out and really liked it. It's kind of hard to get taken by suprise if you know there are a lot of twists.

All I have to say is that it's a good thing he jumped off the building at that exact spot on the roof.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:15 am

I saw a few movies over the weekend:
1. Lord of War with Nick Cage, not a bad movie if you like the movie blow you'll like this one. Alot of narrative by Cage. 8/10
2. Wedding Crashers, started off really funny but then got not so funny, then funny again. Will Farrell was a surprise cameo, he was funny. 7/10
3. sideways, how did that movie win awards? ponderous. 5/10 BTW i didn't finish it. Maybe the end of the movie is what makes it.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:27 pm

I really liked "Sideways". It was very subtle. I actually liked it a lot more the second time I saw it. My expectations were a bit too high the first time and the second time I was able to enjoy it for what it was, not what I expected it to be. I'm a big wine drinker also, which helped I think.

8.5/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:41 pm

josebach wrote:I really liked "Sideways". It was very subtle. I actually liked it a lot more the second time I saw it. My expectations were a bit too high the first time and the second time I was able to enjoy it for what it was, not what I expected it to be. I'm a big wine drinker also, which helped I think.

8.5/10


Agreed. I rather liked Sideways when I saw it in the theaters. Last night I saw JFK for the first time and I rather liked it, though I had a bit of a hard time keeping up. Seeing a 3 hour long film late at night probably didn't help my attention span, but I was entertained to the end. I'll probably have to watch it again to catch everything properly. Has anyone else here seen JFK and how did they feel about it?
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
josebach wrote:I really liked "Sideways". It was very subtle. I actually liked it a lot more the second time I saw it. My expectations were a bit too high the first time and the second time I was able to enjoy it for what it was, not what I expected it to be. I'm a big wine drinker also, which helped I think.

8.5/10


Agreed. I rather liked Sideways when I saw it in the theaters. Last night I saw JFK for the first time and I rather liked it, though I had a bit of a hard time keeping up. Seeing a 3 hour long film late at night probably didn't help my attention span, but I was entertained to the end. I'll probably have to watch it again to catch everything properly. Has anyone else here seen JFK and how did they feel about it?

I still have sideways so maybe I'll give it another chance.
JFK is a really well thought out movie and visually compelling. It's probably one of oliver stones best movies. If all the facts he presented in the movie are really true, pristine bullet, magic bullet etc., are really true then it makes for a great conspiracy argument. good movie, really good acting and dialouge
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm

I can watch JFK over and over, easily! Not a huge fan of Kevin Costner, but he pulls Garrison's caharacter off and the theories aren't too far fetched either. The cameos make it even better to watch.

Aren't the records due to be unsealed soon?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:47 pm

footballchick23 wrote:I can watch JFK over and over, easily! Not a huge fan of Kevin Costner, but he pulls Garrison's caharacter off and the theories aren't too far fetched either. The cameos make it even better to watch.

Aren't the records due to be unsealed soon?

I have never seen JFK. Amazing.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:52 pm

knapplc wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:I can watch JFK over and over, easily! Not a huge fan of Kevin Costner, but he pulls Garrison's caharacter off and the theories aren't too far fetched either. The cameos make it even better to watch.

Aren't the records due to be unsealed soon?

I have never seen JFK. Amazing.


If you've got 3 hours and a fairly open mind, I highly suggest it!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Fantastic Movie, I try to watch it at least once a year....It's the type of movie that will change your perspective and feeling for the remainder of the day.

The one thing I wont forget everytime i watch the movie is that like he states at the end..."The Official Records of the CIA, FBI, and Secret Service are sealed for 75 years, until 2039

it just gives me more incentive to watch it over and over as the years pass until that time arrives.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:54 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact