What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:53 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Yeah, Anchorman was a hilarious movie...Will Ferrell was great. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. ;-D

Good, because I put it on hold yesterday. :-°

This must be a "love it or hate it" type movie, because I hated it. I actually gave up on it 2/3 of the way through the movie it was so bad. I like Will Ferrell and dumb humor (I loved Dumb and Dumber, Something About Mary, etc.) but couldn't get into this one.

im with goat...i love all of his movies...but i didnt like anchorman. it had a few funny moments but not enough to make me want to watch it more than once. i felt the same disapointment when i watched the movie envy with jack black and ben stiller. i thought with those two it would have to be hilarious...but i didnt think it was that funny. id give anchorman 5/10.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Superman in Training » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:56 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Yeah, Anchorman was a hilarious movie...Will Ferrell was great. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. ;-D

Good, because I put it on hold yesterday. :-°

This must be a "love it or hate it" type movie, because I hated it. I actually gave up on it 2/3 of the way through the movie it was so bad. I like Will Ferrell and dumb humor (I loved Dumb and Dumber, Something About Mary, etc.) but couldn't get into this one.

im with goat...i love all of his movies...but i didnt like anchorman. it had a few funny moments but not enough to make me want to watch it more than once. i felt the same disapointment when i watched the movie envy with jack black and ben stiller. i thought with those two it would have to be hilarious...but i didnt think it was that funny. id give anchorman 5/10.

Anchorman is definitely a love it or hate it movie!! It is a real different kind of humor.... In fact I do graphics for a local film review show and one person had it on their top ten movies of the year and the other had it on their top ten worst movies of the year. Personally I enjoyed it!! Would I go out and buy it... no, but it is worth a rent... if you don't like it then you wasted a few bucks.. oh well
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:06 pm

ironically ,speaking of will ferrell..last night i watched the movie superstar. never seen it before...but it seems to be a bit older ( not sure when it was made ) my girlfriend liked it quite a bit..i thought it was good but not great.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Anchorman is the definition of a Love/Hate movie, for every person that loves it there is someone who despises it just as much.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:03 pm

Has anybody seen Envy? I've been about to rent it a couple times, but each time there is another movie I get. What did you guys think about it?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:Has anybody seen Envy? I've been about to rent it a couple times, but each time there is another movie I get. What did you guys think about it?

read my post about 5 up from this one :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:14 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:Has anybody seen Envy? I've been about to rent it a couple times, but each time there is another movie I get. What did you guys think about it?

I never saw it, but I've heard some terrible things about it. I guess it was made in 2002, but was shelved because it was pretty bad. It was only released because of Jack Black's success in School of Rock (good movie, BTW). Anyway, Ben Stiller was pretty upset that it was released - I guess he was really fighting it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:21 am

Canacuna wrote:

I never saw it, but I've heard some terrible things about it. I guess it was made in 2002, but was shelved because it was pretty bad. It was only released because of Jack Black's success in School of Rock (good movie, BTW). Anyway, Ben Stiller was pretty upset that it was released - I guess he was really fighting it.

No wonder.. look at this: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/envy/

5% rating! That's incredible. A good thing to do is check Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb before renting or going to a movie theatre. It will save you hours and money. I haven't watched a bad movie in a long time! ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:49 am

I just watched "House of Flying Daggers" for the third or fourth time. Obviously I love this movie. If you like Kung Fu movies I suggested you find this movie!!! I like it more and more each time that I watch it. It is one of the better ones out there. It ranks just below "Hero" and "Azumi" It might not be available to rent right now... Not sure I got my version straight from China and saw it before it even hit the theaters here in the US. ;-D

I give it a 9/10. If Kung Fu is not your thing then I probably wouldn't bother.
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:28 am

I watched The Ladykillers last night - with Tom Hanks, Marlon Wayans, Irma Hall, J.K. Simmons, and some other people I recognize, but don't really know. Anyway, I liked this movie. Some people were disappointed with it - I guess when you compare it to the Coen Brothers other movies it is, but on its own it holds up.

I also watched Beautiful Girls this weekend - it has Matt Dillon, Timothy Hutton, Lauren Holly, Natalie Portman, Uma Thurman, Mira Sorvino, and Rosie O'Donnell. It was a decent way to kill a couple hours, but I'm in no hurry to watch it again.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk