What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:50 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw Final Destination 3 and I must say, it's every bit as fun as the first two. If you've seen the first two, you know the plot. Here's a quick synopsis for those that don't know what these movies are about. Kids are about to get on a rollercoaster and one of them has a horrible premontion that everyone on board is going to die. In a heated panic, the girl with the premonition gets off of the ride and several follow her. Of course, the ride crashes, killing all of her classmates still on board. Those that got off of the ride, however, are now being chased down by death because they were supposed to die on the coaster. And of course, death attempts to pick them off one at a time in gruesome fashion! I really liked the first two and I must say I was very satisfied with the 3rd installment. Honestly, they can keep churning these out every couple of years and tickets will sell so long as they make the deaths interesting and fun. If you liked the first two, you'll likely enjoy the third.

Thanks DDD, this is good to know. I really enjoyed the first two installments of this series so I'll be interested to see this third one. My wife hates them so I'll have to wait until it comes to video.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:44 pm

END OF THE SPEAR .... 5/10

Incredibly draggy at points... it did have a good message though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:49 pm

I saw "Lord Of War" today, holy crap that movie was intense. Kick ass, great plot, well made, and hot ass chicks with T&A. I'd give it a 8.5/10, bet if I saw it normal it would be a 8 or 9. Just the war scenes were awesome. Kinda predictable at points though. ;-D

I recomend it
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:55 pm

Tiki wrote: I'd give it a 8.5/10, bet if I saw it normal it would be a 8 or 9.

classic
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wizzle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:36 am

I just finished watching Saw 2. All I can say is...HELL YEAH! That movie was badass, just like the first!
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby CHE » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:58 am

Tiki wrote:I saw "Lord Of War" today, holy crap that movie was intense. Kick ass, great plot, well made, and hot ass chicks with T&A. I'd give it a 8.5/10, bet if I saw it normal it would be a 8 or 9. Just the war scenes were awesome. Kinda predictable at points though. ;-D

I recomend it

That was a horrible movie :-t
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:22 am

CHE wrote:
Tiki wrote:I saw "Lord Of War" today, holy crap that movie was intense. Kick ass, great plot, well made, and hot ass chicks with T&A. I'd give it a 8.5/10, bet if I saw it normal it would be a 8 or 9. Just the war scenes were awesome. Kinda predictable at points though. ;-D

I recomend it

I liked the movie....well i really liked the first 5 min scene with the bullet.

I thought the beginning of the movie was too slow and lagging and then 2nd half just flippin sweet, i would give it an 8....i just wish they had the first half just as good as the 2nd.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby CHE » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:07 am

Alkaholik wrote:
CHE wrote:

I recomend it

I liked the movie....well i really liked the first 5 min scene with the bullet.

I thought the beginning of the movie was too slow and lagging and then 2nd half just flippin sweet, i would give it an 8....i just wish they had the first half just as good as the 2nd.

Cage was suppose to be a young buck in his 20s in it. LMAO!!

That ruined it for me, I think they even gave him some hair in the movie :-b Ohh yeah, his bro, was a sh*tty actor.
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:08 pm

Recently I've seen:

Saved! - 6/10

The girlfriend got me to watch it, and well having known someone who was very very much like the people satirized in this movie, I got a kick out of it. All and all a decent flick with some funny moments.

War of the Worlds - 2/10

Granted, I didn't much care to see this to begin with. No particular reason, just wasn't on the top of my list, but I got bored enough to see it because it was a summer blockbuster. Wow. I'm shocked at how badly anyone in Hollywood could screw up a movie with this albeit generic, but cool premise. The ending really ruined it. I had almost bought into that they weren't going to make it a ridiculously perfect Hollywood ending, but they did. And the very last part with narrator needed some explanation. I watched that part over like three times and I still can't understand what they were trying to say. This movie was disappointing, and I wasn't even expecting much from it.

Serenity - 8/10

If you didn't watch the short-lived TV series "Firefly" you're probably not going to understand as much with this movie or appreciate the characters. It really didn't pander to any new audiences, which probably didn't help it in the box office. But for those that did watch the TV series, this is everything you could've hoped for in the movie. It seemed like they took off right where the series left off, maybe a little time in between, and covered what probably was going to be the main plot of the show codensed quite nicely into a single film. The action was great, the acting was just as witty as in the show, and well, by the final climatic battle, I wasn't sure any of them would survive, which in my book is a huge plus.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:53 pm

Well I've watched a few movies this week for the first time. Needless to say, let's start it out ;-D

Elizabethtown:
Don't know if anyone has reviewed this yet, but my wife wanted to rent it so we did. For most of the movie it drug on and on and on. I didn't like it too much even with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst as the main characters. It was just really gloomy it felt. It was an alright story and I didn't like the way it ended, as far as predictability goes. I just didnt like it and I probably wouldn't recomend it to anyone. 3/10 :-t

{Proof}
Now here's a strange movie. I really liked it though. It's about mathematics and the story of a daughter of a famous mathematician who went crazy. For most of the movie it goes back and forth and you seem to catch up with the similarities of her and her father. I wouldn't want to give too much of it away but I thought it was really good for a rental ;-D. 8/10

The Family Stones
The wife wanted to go see this one too so we did. I have to say for a chick flick it's actually pretty good. It can be a bit of an emotional tweaker and it's definately a pretty good movie for a chick flick. I'd probably say it's a rental and maybe if you're significant is a movie lover, probably a buy than ;-D 8/10
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk