What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:11 am

Tiki wrote:
moonhead wrote:
ljthockey wrote:
terpfan wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:Yeah, I am being serious. I know I loved the Scary Movie (Especiallly 3!)

Really? I thought they got progressively worse...

Same here I thought 1 was the best 3 worst.

was 3 the parody of signs and the ring? that was garbage.
Yes, and I agree 3 was absolutely terrible. I liked one and two though. ;-D

1 was definitely the best... 2 wasn't bad... 3 had its moments... or moment. I dunno, I liked the part when the girl was telling the kid about his mom and how he was born...

Scary Movie 3 wrote:Cindy: Cody, did I ever tell you what your mom said about you the day you were born?
Cody: No.
Cindy: I was in the delivery room with her. She was having a hard time. Then you began to come out of her. And your mom screamed and screamed in pain. She yelled, "Just kill me. Bludgeon me with a bedpan. Whatever you do, put me out of this pain." She was gushing torrents of blood. I have this all on tape if you want to see it someday. Well, finally you came out. Your mom cut your umbilical cord herself. Well, on the second try. The first time she snipped your penis in half. After all, she was drunk. Actually, drugged. We'd been out the night before celebrating St. Patrick's Day. And she thought, "Hey, I never tasted crystal meth." So she did just a little.
Cody: My penis?
Cindy: Yes. They sewed it on upside down.
Cody: So that's why I pee up?
Cindy: Yes. We'll get it fixed, honey. It's on my list of things. Right after we get TiVo. Anyway, there you were. Your mom turned to me and she said, "Hey, you want him? Take him." And then she died. And I took you. Do you know why? I'd just lost my cat in a fire, and I needed something to pet and feed. And I miss that cat, Cody. But I love you. And nothing's ever gonna change that, not even the very painful death we're about to experience.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:00 pm

Flight Plan 8/10

I love Jodie Foster, and I think she did a real good job in this movie. A very good watch, I recommed it for anyone. Good action.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:19 pm

I saw 3
Oceans 12, better than I expected thanks for who ever recomended it. ;-D :-t
Blade Trinity, ehhhh not bad. :-t ;-D
Kingdom of Heaven. Well this is a pretty good flick in the epic sense. there were some stretches of boring spots but all in all a good movie with a great battle scene in the end. ;-D ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Blade Trinity, ehhhh not bad. :-t ;-D
Kingdom of Heaven. Well this is a pretty good flick in the epic sense. there were some stretches of boring spots but all in all a good movie with a great battle scene in the end. ;-D ;-D

I thought Blade Trinity was pretty good, corny at parts mainly around Jessica Biel.
Kingdom of Heaven I thought was terrible. Great battle scenes, but I thought the story around the battles was poorly displayed. The talking was boring, and the sex scene sucked.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:30 pm

Ohhh, I watched this too:

Hotel Rwanda, 10/10

Must see!!! Gives you a good picture of just what happened in Rwanda in the early 90s. Most Americans do not even know the extent of the genocide, and I think it is unfortunate that we are so ignorant. This is a very emotional picture, and will break you down on occasion. I think that everyone here should watch this movie at some point, it's a great flick.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby The_Captain » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:40 pm

mikus wrote:Ohhh, I watched this too:

Hotel Rwanda, 10/10

Must see!!! Gives you a good picture of just what happened in Rwanda in the early 90s. Most Americans do not even know the extent of the genocide, and I think it is unfortunate that we are so ignorant. This is a very emotional picture, and will break you down on occasion. I think that everyone here should watch this movie at some point, it's a great flick.

I've been very interested in seeing this movie....thanks for the info.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Tiki wrote:Kingdom of Heaven I thought was terrible. Great battle scenes, but I thought the story around the battles was poorly displayed. The talking was boring, and the sex scene sucked.

I in general liked it I'm a big lord of the rings fan so I guess that's why I liked this flick.
There could've been a little more to the story thin in some places but I guess it was the battles and the fighting that I dug.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:33 pm

I watched Saw and Saw II last night for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised, they were very good and there isn't any BS like in Hostel.

9/10 on both, in my opinion they are must see movies for anyone remotely interested in horror films.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm

I saw Wedding Crashers on the weekend with pals, so I had to rent some real movies to make me forget about it.

A Bridge Too Far
I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said this was the biggest all-star cast ever assembled. Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Gene Hackman, Michael Caine, Robert Redford, James Caan, and many more are a part of this post D-Day WWII movie. I particularly liked Caine as the Irish Lt. Colonel, and Redford as the American Major. For some reason it doesn't really feel like a movie, moreso a documentary. It isn't over-dramatized, it just tells you what happened and has some spectacular visuals.
8/10

Spartacus
I AM SPARTACUS!
8/10

Once Upon a Time in America
I don't think the average person would like this movie as much as I do. For one, it is pushing into the 4 hour territory of length. For two, there are some disturbing scenes. But Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone are the best director/composer combination in my mind. They trade the spaghetti western genre for a gangster film, and I love the results. Leone crafts a great story that is extremely deep, and Morricone's version of Yesterday by the Beatles really stood out. This is all about Robert De Niro and James Woods's characters. The casting directors did a great job finding young kids that look very much like their eventual characters, including a 14 year old Jennifer Connelly.
9/10

Note that my ratings are different than most people's here.. I won't give a movie a 9 or 10 just because I liked it.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm

A Fistful of Dollars The first in the Man with no name series...While not as good as GB&U, this is a great western. Still campy, as it was being shot in Italy/Spain somewhere over there. Only Clint Eastwood was speaking English as the cameras were rolling so the audio/video track looks goofy. Apparently this is a blatant ripoff of a Japanese movie called Yojimbo which is supposed to spectacular in its own right. Fistful of Dollars is well done, Eastwood is a badass, and the music is great. Since i rated GB&U at a 9.4/10...this movie receives a 8.9/10.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk