What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:47 am

This is a cool thread.

I watched "The Woodsman" last night.

Im really into character oriented movies so this one was right up my alley.

Movie is about a man's internal struggle to rehabilitate himself from his past. He's a convicted peadophile. Many may think this movie is slow, and I guess it is a bit, but its because of this that you get to know this character pretty well.

Personally I think it's Kevin Bacon's best performance to date.

Watch it if you want to see a sensitive issue dealt with in a mature, powerful manner.

Dont watch it if you want to see guns and fast cars.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:17 am

We watched Elf last night. Was pretty friggin dumb. Most of the movie we just sat there saying it can't get much worse...And then it did.

I give it 1/10 and may God have mercy on my soul. I feel dumber having watched it. Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:We watched Elf last night. Was pretty friggin dumb. Most of the movie we just sat there saying it can't get much worse...And then it did.

I give it 1/10 and may God have mercy on my soul. I feel dumber having watched it. Haha.

I have to say I liked Elf. It was no classic I'll agree, but it was a good movie to watch with your kids where they will be entertained and you won't die of boredom. Casting Ed Asner as Santa was crazy but I liked Will Ferrell and Bob Newhart.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:26 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:We watched Elf last night. Was pretty friggin dumb. Most of the movie we just sat there saying it can't get much worse...And then it did.

I have to say I liked Elf. It was no classic I'll agree, but it was a good movie to watch with your kids where they will be entertained and you won't die of boredom. Casting Ed Asner as Santa was crazy but I liked Will Ferrell and Bob Newhart.

Yeah I told my wife it might be better during the Holiday season, as opposed to the middle of March, but it didn't really keep us all that entertained. Asner as Santa was a bit shocking, haha. Sad when I thought the funniest part of the movie was when Ferrell got run over by that car.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:48 am

I watched Hostage last nite. Not a bad flick. Probably more of a rental than a go see it at the theater, but not bad for an action movie. The preview of Sin City looked awesome. That is a movie I definitely want to see.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:55 pm

A little late,but I caught Constantine last night,and man did that movie rock! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:40 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:A little late,but I caught Constantine last night,and man did that movie rock! ;-D

good to hear..the commercials looked awesome for it and i wanna see it ..kinda reminds me of the devils advocate from its looks ;-D

another movie im interested in is the incredibles. its rated pretty high on a couple of categories on the IMDB and it comes out on video tomorrow. has anyone seen it that can verify that its a solid movie??
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:01 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:A little late,but I caught Constantine last night,and man did that movie rock! ;-D

good to hear..the commercials looked awesome for it and i wanna see it ..kinda reminds me of the devils advocate from its looks ;-D

another movie im interested in is the incredibles. its rated pretty high on a couple of categories on the IMDB and it comes out on video tomorrow. has anyone seen it that can verify that its a solid movie??

Word around the campfire is that "The Incredibles" is a pretty solid movie! I even want to see it, so that must tell you something, since I am not much for that genre.....

Mark, and D both liked it too! ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:19 pm

I haven't seen The Incredibles yet, but I will be blind-buying it tomorrow. Everything I've read about it, and everything I've heard from friends who have seen it, has been very positive.

...so yeah, I'll report back later in the week. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Superman in Training wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

Word around the campfire is that "The Incredibles" is a pretty solid movie! I even want to see it, so that must tell you something, since I am not much for that genre.....

Mark, and D both liked it too! ;-D

Constantine; haven't seen it, probably won't as I can't stand Keanu Reeves. What an overrated actor. I think I saw him move a facial muscle once but could be wrong.

Incredibles: another good movie to watch with your kids but plenty good enough to watch without them, too. It appeals on several levels - action, comedy and relationships, especially family values (not family values used like the hack politicians do, but caring about and trusting in your fellow family members). I've seen it twice and would watch it again.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk