What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:44 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
josebach wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:Requiem for a Dream

Brutal, harsh, stylized and surreal. 8/10

This is in my top 5 of all time. This movie reaches an emotional plane seldom captured in film. The score by Clint Mansell was the key to making it such a cut above. I've heard the music from Requiem in trailers for Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Davinci Code. It was also used in promos for the Olympics.

Awesome movie!
10/10

gotta agree. really powerful film. i always cringe at the ending sequence.

I agree about this movie. My jaw was dropped by the end. Amazing imagery.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:14 pm

umm..it was marlon wayans, not damon wayans in that movie..

i disliked the movie, but i seem to be the oddball out on that one..
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:38 pm

I saw When A Stranger Calls this past weekend.

I was not impressed with it, especially for a remake. Very predictable.

5.5/10 :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby CHE » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:25 pm

I saw

North Country 10/10
Cinderall Man 10/10

Last night,
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:27 pm

I saw Rent last night. Overall it was pretty good, not the kind of movie for everybody but i liked it. Quite a few parts were a little corny for me, though. 8.5/10
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:51 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:I saw Rent last night. Overall it was pretty good, not the kind of movie for everybody but i liked it. Quite a few parts were a little corny for me, though. 8.5/10

That's what happens when you take a stage musical and try to portray it on another medium - corniness ensues. That said, I think they did a pretty good job staying true to the story/script/songs, etc. But seeing it on Broadway is way better.

We saw Proof last night... another stage adaptation. Again, the story works better on stage, but it was still very very good. Gwenyth Paltrow brought out a side of the character I hadn't seen portrayed before (a very subtle performance), and Anthony Hopkins is just, well, Anthony Hopkins - the man is a master.

I was pleasantly surprised by the acting and the stage to film transfer was ok, so I give it a 8/10.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:12 pm

I saw two movies in the past week; Annapolis and Firewall.

Annapolis- 8.5/10 Obviously not a contender for Best Movie of the year or anything, but it was a good show. The storyline was pretty original and I really enjoyed it.

Firewall- 8/10 Typical action flick. Harrison Ford is a stud though, so that makes this movie special. Its worth a rent and not a bad way to spend two hours.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:I saw Rent last night. Overall it was pretty good, not the kind of movie for everybody but i liked it. Quite a few parts were a little corny for me, though. 8.5/10

That's what happens when you take a stage musical and try to portray it on another medium - corniness ensues. That said, I think they did a pretty good job staying true to the story/script/songs, etc. But seeing it on Broadway is way better.

When I was in New York for a few weeks, I saw Joey Fatone outside of the theater RENT was at. I think he was in the show for a bit.

...he was the only 'celebrity' I saw in New York. Kinda disappointing.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moonhead » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:44 pm

Canacuna wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

When I was in New York for a few weeks, I saw Joey Fatone outside of the theater RENT was at. I think he was in the show for a bit.

...he was the only 'celebrity' I saw in New York. Kinda disappointing.

slap on the wrist. minus cool points. you recognized the fat one?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:19 pm

I saw running scared last nite. I thought it was awesome. Though it deals with some disturbing situations. But really I thought it was damn good ;-D ;-D 9/10
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk