What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:54 pm

moonhead wrote:pulp fiction, it's pretty good if you haven't seen it. 9/10.

Pretty good, eh? Understatement of the century.

I finally saw Cinderella Man tonight... I enjoyed it thorougly even though I think Russell Crowe is a jackass.

7.5/10

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby moonhead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:01 am

The_Dude wrote:
moonhead wrote:pulp fiction, it's pretty good if you haven't seen it. 9/10.

Pretty good, eh? Understatement of the century.

I finally saw Cinderella Man tonight... I enjoyed it thorougly even though I think Russell Crowe is a jackass.

7.5/10

it was meant as a joke. i assumed that everyone had seen it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:23 am

Pulp Fiction ain't bad.

I watched Urban Legends: Bloody Mary last night. It was horrible. I knew it'd be horrible. My buddy knew it would be horrible. But for some reason, he convinced me to rent it. I hate my buddy.

Finally got around to seeing Emperor's New Groove, based on no1's recommendation. It was glorious.

Domino was alright...

I didn't dig The Weatherman.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:28 am

Canacuna wrote:Finally got around to seeing Emperor's New Groove, based on no1's recommendation. It was glorious.

Hahaha... good to know you liked Emperor... gotta love that Kronk.

What didn't you like about Weatherman? Granted, there's a lot not to like, but I thought Nick Cage was pretty good. The movie didn't flow well at all, it was pretty bleak and the story was stagnant through a lot, but I thought it was alright. At least it was a change from the norm.

What I did see today was "Adam and Eve." If you haven't heard of that, a) good and b) it was a straight-to-video movie by National Lampoon. I was only watching it because my roommates were.

The movie sucked... it wasn't funny, it was sappy, the acting was so bad I wanted to kill myself or everyone else... argh, just bad stuff. The only redeaming factoor is Emmanuelle Chriqui... who is a super babe. 8-o

2/10.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:43 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canacuna wrote:Finally got around to seeing Emperor's New Groove, based on no1's recommendation. It was glorious.

Hahaha... good to know you liked Emperor... gotta love that Kronk.

What didn't you like about Weatherman? Granted, there's a lot not to like, but I thought Nick Cage was pretty good. The movie didn't flow well at all, it was pretty bleak and the story was stagnant through a lot, but I thought it was alright. At least it was a change from the norm.

Changes from the norm aren't always a good thing, y'know. ;-)

I didn't HATE it, but you pretty much listed all the reasons why I didn't like it. Nick Cage is a beast.

Putty was awesome as Kronk. And David Spade was PERFECT for Kuzco. Definitely one of my new fave Disney movies. ;-D I felt like a dumbass at Blockbuster, though... don't know how many 20 year-old guys... without a girl or 'lil kid with him... rent Disney movies. Ah well.

I'm watching Shawshank Redemption right now. It must've started around 11PM, though... I've never seen it from start-to-finish... just bits and pieces.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:28 am

Canacuna wrote:I'm watching Shawshank Redemption right now. It must've started around 11PM, though... I've never seen it from start-to-finish... just bits and pieces.

Great movie. I haven't seen it in a while but it's one of only 2 movies that I've kept from the VHS' that I have ;-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:39 am

footballchick23 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I saw running scared last nite. I thought it was awesome. Though it deals with some disturbing situations. But really I thought it was damn good ;-D ;-D 9/10

I've only seen bits and pieces of ads for this movie...does it have anything to do with the old movie Running Scared with Gregory Hines and Billy Crsytal? That movie was pretty good...you know the one with the Michael McDonald song..... :-b I hate it when they come out with movies with the same names....

that was a pretty good movie in and of it's self however, the 2 are unrelated and the new Running Scared kicks the originals a$$

I also watched on ppv The brothers grimm :-t this movie exemplifies why heat ledger would be a good broke back mountain cowboy. I mean the story is pretty cool I just thought alot of the scenes were cheesy and the sets crappy. I think i wasted $3.99 :-t :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:11 pm

I watched Buzz Lightyear Star Command last night. Good Watch. ;-D
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 pm

Searching for Bobby Fischer

7/10

The story of Josh Waitzkin, a child chess prodigy from New York. All star cast that were overshadowed by Max Pomeranc in his first acting role.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:28 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:Searching for Bobby Fischer

7/10

The story of Josh Waitzkin, a child chess prodigy from New York. All star cast that were overshadowed by Max Pomeranc in his first acting role.
Did you watch that on ESPN classic? Cause I watched like the first 1 hour of it today.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk