What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Say, anyone here seen All The President's Men? I've considered buying the special edition DVD. I remember watching it when I was in high school, but that was an eternity ago and God knows I probably doodled during the entire thing since history class wasn't exactly my forte.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Dazed and Confused

This movie was sweet, man. ;-D

8.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:54 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Say, anyone here seen All The President's Men? I've considered buying the special edition DVD. I remember watching it when I was in high school, but that was an eternity ago and God knows I probably doodled during the entire thing since history class wasn't exactly my forte.

I had to watch it back in college. It wasnt bad, but kind of long and drawn out. If you were big into Watergate then you would probably like it a lot. Hoffman and Redford are pretty good in it too.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:05 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Say, anyone here seen All The President's Men? I've considered buying the special edition DVD. I remember watching it when I was in high school, but that was an eternity ago and God knows I probably doodled during the entire thing since history class wasn't exactly my forte.

i watched it less than a year ago, again. it is a very good movie. i would recommend it to anyone, purchasing it might be a different story though. not one that i would consider extremely rewatchable. but that's just me.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:46 am

Just got done watching The Weatherman. It was suprisingly good. It's about a guy (Nicholas Cage) and he has this terrible life but they make it hilarious....you HAVE to see this one.

Some Quotes i found hilaroius:

"In this shit life, you have to chuck things" - Weatherman's dad

"They haven't been throwing things at me anymore....maybe it's because i carry around a bow" - Weatherman

9.9/10 - haha couldn't give i ta perfect

;-)

a MUST see
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:48 am

Dang hoping i wouldnt get that error, because then it doesnt bump up to top of forum...lets try again.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:45 am

attempt at bumping up
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:19 am

I went and saw Dave Chappelle's Block Party on Friday.

Whenever Chappelle was on camera he was his usual hilarious self, but the split from music to Chappelle in this movie was about 70/30.

I love most of the musical performers (Mos Def, The Roots, Talib, Common, The Fugees, Dead Prez) and liked all the others (Kanye West, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott) so I enjoyed the musical portion of this movie.

If you don't like that type of music, don't go see it hoping for non-stop Chappelle jokes, you will be disappointed.

8/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:31 pm

I watched "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" last night with the missus and while I know it's been mentioned before, I didn't want to scroll through all 85 pages looking for it.

Weak story line, virtually no-character development and seemed to race through the story. Only good thing about it was some of the action scenes.

6/10

EDIT: forgot the proper closing tag dang it!
Last edited by The_Captain on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:55 pm

The_Captain wrote:I watched "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" last night with the missus and while I know it's been mentioned before, I didn't want to scroll through all 85 pages looking for it.

Weak story line, virtually no-character development and seemed to race through the story. Only good thing about it was some of the action scenes.

6/10

and boobies.

I saw For A Few Dollars More this weekend. I'd say it's the least memorable of the 3 man with no name movies. I saw A Fistful of Dollars a couple of weeks ago. It was better than this one. But this was still a fantastic movie. The music is excellent and Eastwood, is well, Eastwood.

For a Few Dollars More = 8.7
A Fistful of Dollars = 8.9
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk