What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nilmerf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:56 pm

Yeah, I've seen it too. McNamara is a very charismatic guy. Him saying we were "this" close to nuclear warfare was very scary indeed. Castro said that if he was Khrushchev he would have just launched the nukes. I always liked the Soviets more than the other commies for some reason.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:32 pm

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara is a great documentary. Considering he's 87 and articulates such vivid details amazes me. 9/10
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:08 am

Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:31 am

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 am

Just saw North Country last night....it's alright, only reason i saw it is because it was all filmed in Minnesota...it's about the first few women miners and they are sexually harrassed and blah blah blah....

7/10
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:13 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Just saw North Country last night....it's alright, only reason i saw it is because it was all filmed in Minnesota...it's about the first few women miners and they are sexually harrassed and blah blah blah....

7/10

Isn't that the one staring Charlize Theron?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:08 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Just saw North Country last night....it's alright, only reason i saw it is because it was all filmed in Minnesota...it's about the first few women miners and they are sexually harrassed and blah blah blah....

7/10

Isn't that the one staring Charlize Theron?

yup ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:46 pm

Just got finished watching The Hills Have Eyes. I never saw the original, but I really liked this one. It was hardcore, scary and very violent... everything a horror movie should be. I don't want to build it up too much, because I don't want anybody to raise their expectations too high, but it was the best horror movie I've seen since 28 Days Later. The violence was very realistic and not over the top which to me makes it a lot scarier. They also did a great job on the make-up and as far as I could tell, there was no CGI used. I definitely recommend horror buffs to check this one out.

9/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:17 pm

josebach wrote:Just got finished watching The Hills Have Eyes. I never saw the original, but I really liked this one. It was hardcore, scary and very violent... everything a horror movie should be. I don't want to build it up too much, because I don't want anybody to raise their expectations too high, but it was the best horror movie I've seen since 28 Days Later. The violence was very realistic and not over the top which to me makes it a lot scarier. They also did a great job on the make-up and as far as I could tell, there was no CGI used. I definitely recommend horror buffs to check this one out.

9/10

The first hills have eyes was pretty cheesey stoopid. This one does look pretty cool.

I saw Doom, and i didn't think it was that bad. It was more like a resident evil then doom, though.
I also saw harry pooper and the the shiney goblet thingy. not bad, but I think it's about time for someone in that movie to get some. it was also filmed way too dark, i had to crank up the brightness on my tv so I could see what was going on. Both movies were fun to watch nonetheless.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:07 pm

josebach wrote:Just got finished watching The Hills Have Eyes. I never saw the original, but I really liked this one. It was hardcore, scary and very violent... everything a horror movie should be. I don't want to build it up too much, because I don't want anybody to raise their expectations too high, but it was the best horror movie I've seen since 28 Days Later. The violence was very realistic and not over the top which to me makes it a lot scarier. They also did a great job on the make-up and as far as I could tell, there was no CGI used. I definitely recommend horror buffs to check this one out.

9/10

ive seen commercials for that. it looks like a hard core horror flick. not really in my interest. im a wuss :-b

saw most of eurotrip today. hilarious movie.

"theyve elected a new pope!"

pope: "what the hell?"
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk